cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Palm Pre and no one can hear me when I place or receive call...Speaker Issue? Any Ideas?

Highlighted
Journeyman

New Palm Pre and no one can hear me when I place or receive call...Speaker Issue? Any Ideas?

Just received new Palm Pre (a replacement for a defective phone)...able to send/receive texts without problem, but when I dial a number it rings the contact I can hear them...they can't hear me - - - when I receive a call...they can't hear me when I pick up, but I can hear them.

I'm very frustrated after calling Sprint Customer Service they told me I needed to take phone to repair (it's a long way from my home). Any ideas?

Message was edited by: jamjag123

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: New Palm Pre and no one can hear me when I place or receive call...Speaker Issue? Any Ideas?

jamjag123 wrote:

Just received new Palm Pre (a replacement for a defective phone)...able to send/receive texts without problem, but when I dial a number it rings the contact I can hear them...they can't hear me - - - when I receive a call...they can't hear me when I pick up, but I can hear them.

I'm very frustrated after calling Sprint Customer Service they told me I needed to take phone to repair (it's a long way from my home). Any ideas?

I don't see any alternative to taking your phone in for repair or replacement.  I suspect your phone will be replaced and knowing Sprint's tendencies it will likely be replaced with a refurbished unit unless they don't have any.  Since it's a long way for you to drive, I'd definitely call them first to make absolutely sure they can repair or replace your phone at that location...some locations can't do either.  Good luck!

Master

Re: New Palm Pre and no one can hear me when I place or receive call...Speaker Issue? Any Ideas?

that does sound frustrating. It sounds like a microphone problem. Does the same thing occur when using the speakerphone? And sometimes it can be software related. since the palm profile will reload you personal information, go head and do a partial erase from the device info icon, reset options, erase apps and data, just to eliminate any software causes. Sprint's device exchange policy allows them to send a phone if you live more than 30miles from a service and repair center or are unable to get there due to extenuating circumstances.

Journeyman

I had a problem like that. I flashed my phone to 1.4.5 and the microphone stopped working. Oddly, if I put it on speaker phone, then people could hear me. They ended upreplacing it with a refurb that the screen stopped working on in like.. 24 hours.  Their replacements really stink. They ended up giving me a new one on the 4th replacement

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat