ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New WebOS Phone?

Journeyman

New WebOS Phone?

Just wondering since the HP Pre 3 is going to be using EVDO Rev A is it going to be on Sprint? or is Sprint going to bail on WebOS?

Message was edited by: SK8ERBASSMAN

Tags (3)
17 REPLIES 17
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: New WebOS Phone?

Neat phone isn't it? No word yet if it will be offered on the Sprint network.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Wizard

wengla02 wrote:

Neat phone isn't it?  No word yet if it will be offered on the Sprint network.

No word on the street yet, Will, they were only made public by HP today, but I suspect those in the corner offices already know what the future plans are: They just won't tell their customers so their customers can make plans. (Actually there is unofficial word looking at the raw page source from HP... They appear to show the devices going to Verizon and AT&T only - not to Sprint)

That is why I sent the following email to Russ McGuire, Sprint VP - Strategy:

[...]

Hello, Russ,

Now that HP has announced their two new next gen phones, and also a new tablet, Sprint needs to get ahead of the curve and either announce they will be offering the Pre 3 as an upgrade from the original Pre, or simply tell their dedicated WebOS customers that they will not be carrying any further WebOS devices so that customers (current and potential) can make their plans.

Sprint was first on the market with a WebOS device, the Pre, and first also with the lower level WebOS device, the Pixi.

Since then, Sprint has not carried any of the updated versions (Pre Plus, Pixi Plus, Pre 2) and even recently discontinued offering the Palm Pre entirely.

People who caught the first WebOS wave when Sprint introduced the Palm Pre have devices reaching the two year mark soon, and are making plans NOW as to which way they will be moving when that happens.

Please let them know that Sprint will continue to support them as customers.

Thanks for listening,
Tom L[...]
University Place, WA

253  - - -  - - - - (Sprint)

Hopefully, someone with the ability to make a difference in what Sprint does will understand the need of their customers to know, understand, and make plans, and get an announcement out for us.

(There is also a thread about this here in the Sprint Community: http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/61482?tstart=0

Tom

Message was edited by: mapesy, who removed an email address and personal information as per Community Guidelines.

Journeyman

Nice TOMAS, maybe I should draft one of those myself.

Journeyman

Indeed. I have been a loyal customer to Sprint, but I fear their lack of caring about their WebOS customers is pushing me out the door. Here is my letter to the same gentleman.

Dear Sir,

I am inquiring as to the intent of Sprint and it’s WebOS customer base. I have had my Sprint Pre for over a year and a half, and have been eligible for an upgrade since Sept 2010. I have been waiting patiently for word of Sprint getting the Pre Plus, with discouraging outcome, and the Pre 2 with same said outcome. My second line is a Pixi. I am truly devoted to the OS. Now comes the announcement of the Pre3, and I implore you to bring it into the Sprint fold, or at least let us know whether it will or will not be on Sprint. I have been a devoted customer to you for 9 years, and have even talked others into joining. I swear by your service, customer support, and pricing. But I’ve finally found my OS of choice, and if need be, I will follow it elsewhere. I truly don’t want to, and am not trying to threaten or bully. I’m sure one insiginifcant customer can’t scare a corporation into a decision. It’s just how it is. My name is Anthony Romano, and my number is 732 *** ****. Look up my account, and you’ll see what I’ve said is true. Please don’t make me go to one of those blood-sucking-money-draining-self righteous companies, and leave my home here at Sprint. I don’t want to. But today I have seen the future, and it’s what I glimpsed 18 months ago. The future is WebOS.

Sincerely,

Your loyal 9 yr customer

Anthony Romano

Message was edited by: aromano69

Journeyman

I've had a sprint phone since 1997, and love the service!  When Samsung was the innovative leader in mobile devices, Sprint was there as a provider. When Window's Mobile defined the pocket PC, Sprint was there as a provider.  HP's WebOS will redefine multitasking and provide agility like never before, and  we all will be there... Please Sprint, be our service Provider when so  many of us purchase our Pre 3/ TouchPad bundle. Please!!

Journeyman

I am absolutely disgusted with what Sprint is doing, They keep shoving the piece of crap Android phones. webOS blows Android out of the water

HEY SPRINT WE ARE SICK OF SEEING ANDROID PHONES!!!!!!

Journeyman

A new WebOS Phone would be awesome on Sprint, but it's pretty much not happening. All signs point to the fact that Sprint is going to remain Android-centric.

Journeyman

Well, for one, all carriers are going with Android because they sell. It's as simple as that. iPhones sell as well but Apple picks and chooses who they want to sell their "precious" phone on. Fron everything I hear, Sprint will be selling the Pre 3 and possibly the TouchPad. Dan Hesse said that Sprint and HP have a good relationship and that Sprint will release HP products in the future. Lets hope they are webOS products.

Journeyman

New WebOS Phone?

To all the nay-sayers: isn't it a little early to be ruling out the pre3 on Sprint?  Name me 1 carrier worldwide that is confirmed to carry the pre3 or veer... there are none (as of March 4 2011), so to say the pre3 will not be on Sprint because Sprint hasn't said anything is a bit premature. The only thing we know today is that the pre3 has a CDMA radio and the veer does not, so I would say the likelihood of the pre3 being on Sprint is higher than the veer being on Sprint

Journeyman

Journeyman

I agree 100%!!! I love Sprint. I use to be with Verizon for over 8 years and they screwed me over big time. Sprint is awesome but I am sick and of Sprint pushing the Android junk. Yes, Android is junk. I have tried a couple of Android adn it takes 5-7 steps to do anything compared to 2-3 for webOS. I am also sick and tired of that little Android robot.

*****GET WITH IT SPRINT. WEBOS IS THE FUTURE OR ELSE YOU WILL HAVE PEOPLE LEAVING

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat