Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No HP PALM PRE 3 phone... here comes the iPhone 5 in mid-Oct 2011

Journeyman

No HP PALM PRE 3 phone... here comes the iPhone 5 in mid-Oct 2011

It's starting to look like the Palm/HP/WebOS platform will be gone very soon.  I'm not a Android phone fan, but here comes the iPhone.

=== iPHONE 5 in mid-Oct ===

http://www.mobiledia.com/news/107508.html

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

You can still get the original Pre on Ebay. I found a seller who has over 10 newly refurbished Pres! I'm still using my Pre that I bought on Ebay for $60 and just bought the newly refurbished one for $110 with all the standard accessories! I'm going to keep my Pres even if I upgrade in December 2011. I also saw a bunch of AT&T Pre 3s on Ebay!

Journeyman

Actually the iPhone 4s is coming this week, not the iPhone 5! It's really good too. I'm considering it since it's 3G and with my Sero Premium plan I won't have to pay the extra $10 a month (Sero Premium plans are exempt from this fee) so it's kind of a "no brainer" cause the iPhone 4s is better than Sprint's 3G Samsung Transform that I had a few weeks ago. Loved the phone except that Samsung refuses to upgrade the Android OS to Gingerbread to take advantage of the front facing camera for video conferencing! The camera on the phone was really good, I took a lot of great pictures with it! Unfortunately the Transform can be very sluggish so I sold it for what I paid for it and went back to using my Palm Pre. I do miss the voice command/search of the Transform, I hate having to type all the time on the Palm Pre but it's the right formfactor, fast performing and has slick look!

Wizard

Actually the SERO Premium plans are not exempt for the $10 "Premium Data Fee" (smartphone fee) - it's built in - that's where it gets it's name...

SERO 500 Regular plan = $30 (For non-smartphones)

SERO 500 Premium Plan = $40 (For smartphones)

SERO 500 Premium Plan with 4G = $40 + $10 (For 4G smartphones)

Same sort of thing for the SERO 1250, etc.

Journeyman

With Pre gone, i'm getting to the point where i need a new phone. what do you recommend?

I've seen the pre 3's on ebay, can i use them on sprint and get full functionality?

if not, whats the next best thing?

the sprint store keeps trying to sell me an iPhone 4GS. Wouldn't it better to wait for the 5?

Is apple even a good phone to buy? i've been convinced that android would be smarter, but i think there are a lot more experts in here.

please help!

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat