Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving text from people with Verizon

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the Plam Treo 700 w/windows OS - I can not receive text messages from people who have Verizon.  It will show the name it's coming from (b/c they r in my contacts) but the msg is either completely blank or has symbols or has letters and numbers that don't make any sense. I have tried taking out the battery and turning the phone off and on, and it still isn't working.  I can call them, and send them text messages, just not receiving what they typed. Any suggestions???

Tags (5)
52 REPLIES 52

Hello ANGELIAHOLZ,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this problem. When did this issue begin? Have you ever been able to successfully receive text messages from Verizon customers?

CD

Journeyman

Yes, I was able to receive text messages from people with Verizon and received them just fine.  This started just a few days ago.

ANGELIAHOLZ,

Thank you for your response. I will be sending you a Private Message to obtain additional information so that I may proceed in correcting this issue for you.

Regards,

CD

Journeyman

Same phone same problem but it is not only texts from verizon it is any texts.  This just occured today.  Also had some problems with the calling out on the phone, having to roam in an area I call from all the time.  Anybody know if it is a temporary network issue? Call issue fixed but incoming texts are still an issue.

Please enter the link below into your web address bar directly from your device. Once the page loads, click the option that says "SMS Fix" and complete the download. Follow the instructions given thereafter.

www.palm.com/Sprint700wxSMSupdate/

Please let me know if this corrects your issues.

Regards,

CD

Journeyman

I downloaded the update and when it tried to run, I got this message displayed:

This update does not apply to this device. Installation will not proceed. Version (TREO700WX-1.15-SPNT) Installation of spnt700wxSMSpatch.cab was unsuccessful.

I did try to run this update before and got the same error message.

Journeyman

We have a Treo 700p and are experiencing the same issues.  The problem seemed to start on Sunday, the 19th for us.  Texts from ATT and other service providers are received as random characters or simply blank texts.  Called Sprint yesterday, and after a couple reboots, still no luck.  They stated they were putting in a ticket because it may be a 'network issue.'  Haven't heard anything back yet and problem still remains.  Anyone having better luck?

Journeyman

Patch won't apply if phone already has 1.15 bios updated. i am having the same issue. I am not getting any txt messages either they come blank or with random characters. My phone was servive yesterday at Sprint repair center and was told that it had been fixed. Later I learned that I am still having the same issue. HELP!

Journeyman

My palm treo 700wx is having the same issue with recieved texts from any other provider other than sprint. I have 1.15, and ave had no trouble with texting on this phone for the past 4 years until about a week and a half ago (June 16th).  I cannot find anything to help fix it.  Seeing that I am not the only one with this "palm" problem, I believe its something on sprint's end.

Journeyman

I am also having this same problem.  I know people who find it invonvenient to communicate other than by text, and I basically cannot communicate with them.  80% of my attempted use of my phone over the past few weeks has been crippled by this.  About one in every five text messages I receive is NOT blank and actually contains the intended message.

The support link www.palm.com/Sprint700wxSMSupdate/   doesn't do anything.  It redirects to http://kb.hpwebos.com/wps/portal/kb2/common/article/10536_en.html, which is graphics-heavy (took 6 minutes to load for me with the 'EV' logo showing full connectivity) and is not readable on the device.

Journeyman

Re: Not receiving text from people with Verizon

I am another Palm 700 w/ Windows user having the same issue.  About a week ago, all my incoming text messages were blank or had a box in the message.  I can see who sends the message in the header, but the body of the message is usually blank (or once in a while just a box).  CS told me to reboot and wait 30 mins.  That didnt fix the issue.  I have confirmed the following carriers' texts are affected on my phone:  ATT and Cellular South.  I am concerned about a patch since I dont have internet on my Sprint phone and my only PC is my employers and I am not allowed to sync my personal phone to the PC.  I need a solution quickly or I have to Bolt (VZ reference) to another carrier.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat