Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Okay looks like I am off to camp.....

Highlighted
Journeyman

Okay looks like I am off to camp.....

I had not intended on "camping" the Pre but a wager was put up A particular individual stated that I would not camp the pre..... to the extent that he would pony up $500 if I were to show up at work on Saturday with a Pre in hand ..... The money is in a 3rd party's hand and I am preparing to delegate the rest of the days work out and off to camp I go! ......

Cost of Pre $199 + Tax and approx 70 for touchstone .... I can not afford NOT to camp lol.

I know I will look the fool but camping I am ...

Wish me luck

21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted

Re: Okay looks like I am off to camp.....

If you can get your hands on one, then more power to you. Enjoy the additional $230 that you'll have in your pocket tomorrow.

Highlighted
Journeyman

That sounds like a great bet with your friend.

Hope you enjoy the Pre when you get it!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Isn't that $299 for the pre, $199 after you get the $100 rebate?

Highlighted
Journeyman

@flynlow wrote:

Not if you buy it at Best Buy or Radio Shack.

Highlighted

@flynlow wrote:

Well, if he goes to BestBuy or RadioShack, then it's $199.99 since they do instant rebates...so it really depends on where he's going to go to get the phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ok work is delegated I have supplies and am in front of best buy - of course I am the only one in line ..... Hmm I should write a book what would you do for $500.00 LOL

I talked tothe manager and was informed that the store will have less than 8 Pre's be available. So here I am sitting infront of Best Buy in 90+ degree heat, but I have my supplies.

Water

Cooler

Ice

C

Laptop

Car parked approx 15 feet away

extenstion cord for power adapter in car

and shame and dignity is out the door as well LOL

I will update when and if number 2 ever show up.. 18 hours .... that is only $27.00 per hour hmmmmm I may reconsider this venture. LOL ..... nah I am stubborn and will sit ...... I was once told Tenacity is a good thing but not in all things.

........... things that make y ou go hmmmmm ..

Oh and by the way I really hate glossy finishes on laptop screens!

Highlighted
Journeyman

@Forjat wrote:

Ok work is delegated I have supplies and am in front of best buy - of course I am the only one in line ..... Hmm I should write a book what would you do for $500.00 LOL

I talked tothe manager and was informed that the store will have less than 8 Pre's be available. So here I am sitting infront of Best Buy in 90+ degree heat, but I have my supplies.

Water

Cooler

Ice

C

Laptop

I will update when and if number 2 ever show up.. 18 hours .... that is only $27.00 per hour hmmmmm I may reconsider this venture. LOL ..... nah I am stubborn and will sit ...... I was once told Tenacity is a good thing but not in all things.

Rock on, man! Keep blogging here of how it goes!

Highlighted
Journeyman

@Forjat wrote:

Water

Cooler

Ice

C

Laptop

Just for internets sake

PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Isn't it kinda early to start camping out? Why don't you wait until nightfall when the sun and temperature has both gone down?

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Awesome!  Love hearing about it!

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Highlighted
Journeyman

Ok 2 - 3 got here around 4pm with 4-6 around 5 and 7 at 6:30pm - The mobile manager came out and told us see you in the morning and if a number 10 shows up to send them home. Said that they only got 9 of them andreferencing an online Best Buy data base said that the numbers are wrong there were double orders listed. So this store shows 18 but in fact only 9 So if your in S. Austin there are 2 spots left. I am number 1 WOOOT

Good crowd and we are pulling the all nighter.. I don't think I will be a big hit at work tomorrow being engrossed in the new Pre not to mention showing up in the same clothes I left in lol.

So barring a drive by shooting or some unholy divine intervention I get my phone and I win the wager!!!!!

here is a pic from the line I will post more tommorrow morning.

And I must say it has actually been nice camping it out I have met a lot of interesting people.

The picture is not linking for some reason so if you want to see a bunch of guys sitting in chairs ....

http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/ww303/Forjat/IMG000017.jpg>

-

Forgot to add 4 of the 7 are Iphone users ..... they said that Iphone is good but AT&T coverage is the downer not to mention the messed up way Iphone does picture mail (sending and receiving) something about you have to email and you have to view a picture on the ATT website and not on the phone .., ?????

Message Edited by Forjat on 06-05-2009 09:26 PM
Message Edited by Forjat on 06-05-2009 09:37 PM

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat