cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Palm Centro Can't make calls or text

Journeyman

Palm Centro Can't make calls or text

Hello,

I live in Fort Polk, LA and I been with sprint for years. This is the first time I have this problem. First my cell phone was acting weird the battery didn’t last anything and if I charge the phone it only last for a couple of minutes. Also I was not able to make any phone calls but when I move from the area then I was able to make the phones calls. I resolve this problem by buying a new phone.

Now my wife cell phone (palm Centro) is having the same problem but worst. The battery don’t last anything, she is unable to make calls, unable to sent text messages. People call her and they get the voicemail. The phone is fine; the signal is fine it has all the bars. So any ideas?

and by the way. there is only one sprint store on post located in the PX and they don't have a lot of different options on cell phones. and pretty expensive.

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Palm Centro Can't make calls or text

If the battery is not holding a charge, you will most likely have to change out the battery.  You can get replacement batteries either from Sprint or another third party vendor. You should be able to get a new one for about $40.

If the phone is not recieving calls, I would remove the battery for a few minutes and then put it back in.

If that doesn't work you may try a hard reset. Make sure you hot-sync and back up any data first as this will reset back to factory defaults.  You can  easily find the steps searching for Palm Centro Hard Reset.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sorry to hear that your wofe is having that issue ... i have had the same problem with the centro for almost a year already they have changed it numerous times and same thing happens days or hrs later and they wont change my phone to a upgraded version .... I have had this model since it was frst released they always give me a run around .... its frustrating and a huge inconvince ... i am ready to switch my service provider and just drop sprint.... best of luck

Highlighted
Journeyman

Similar issues, especially with very pleasant but inept Sprint staff

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat