ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Palm Centro Cento GPS??

Journeyman

Palm Centro Cento GPS??

I have read alot of various posts that Sprint and Palm where going to make navigation available in the Centro. Any news on this??

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: Palm Centro Cento GPS??

last i heard the google maps with 'my location' was going to be turned on when the API in the palm os was made 'public' (in a programming sense, not a piracy/privacy sense) that allowed the program to access the location of nearby cell towers. this would allow for a sort of semi-accurate psuedo-GPS, which would be awesome, don't get me wrong, but not true GPS.

however, this was all supposed to happen in a january update to the phone. it's the middle of june now, and palm/sprint are oh so quiet.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for that. That was the last thing that I heard also. I was wondering what Sprint and Palm are doing???Palm has always had a reputation for being "Super Silent". Thats a shame. Maybe thats Why rim and the blackberry's are doing so well.Oh well, maybe someday the Centro owners will have a gps type system....

Journeyman

Your original post mentioned navigation. I think it is important to note that nothing that has been officially "promised" will give you navigation. The my location feature that will be available for this phone will only do things like tell you the nearest restaurant, bank, store, etc.

Journeyman

ah, that's not very cool then.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat