Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

Go to solution
Highlighted
Wizard

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

Well, the next question is obviously "Will Sprint be carrying the Palm/HP Pre 3 and/or Veer?"

My Palm Pre minus is reaching physical retirement age, and while I really, really like the WebOS operating system, and the way it works, the fragile delicacy of the original Pre minus is a negative.

The Pre Plus was a slight bit better mechanically, and the Pre 2 quite a bit better, though both were still just variants on the original Palm Pre minus introduced by Sprint.

So far, other than introducing the much lower level device, the Palm Pixi, Sprint has resisted offering any of the newer incarnations of the top end WebOS devices, the Pre Plus or Pre 2.

Now that HP has introduced the next generation Pre 3 and Veer, Sprint once again has the opportunity to prove to their customers who are dedicated WebOS users that they have not been abandoned.

So, Sprint, will you be offering us the new WebOS devices or do we need to go elsewhere for them?

Take care,

Tom

840 REPLIES 840
Journeyman

Re: Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

I will be taking my 5 lines and moving on if Sprint does not get Pre 3 and the TouchPad, there is a a huge community of Sprint Pre owners over at precetral.net that all agree with me, we all will be moving on different carriers.  If Sprint passes on this then they deserve to loose customers and close the doors. R.I.P

The event that they had on Feb 7 was a huge waste of time and if they think this will get them threw and get them customers they are greatly mistaken, they need HP products and Apple (iPhone)  otherwise lets all bring flowers to Sprint.

CEO and his entire gang need to hit the hills, I am disgusted with Sprint, will wait till summer time and I am out if things dont change.

We need a CEO and the people who make these deals with companies on what products to carry, someone who sees the future and what is hot and get it at any cost. 

I am beyond disgusted with Sprint!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look at my attachment and see for yourself, Pre 3 going to Verizon and AT&T

Journeyman

I have been a loyal sprint customer for 11 years now and I love the HP WebOS, it has been by far the best intuitive OS I have used. I seriously hope that Sprint will consider adding the HP Pre 3 and HP Touchpad to it's various devices. I am not a fan of Android, but it seems that sprint is pushing in that direction. I would hope that a large company like Sprint would expand out to all OS users and broaden their customer base.

So i hope that Sprint will get in on the action and add the Pre 3 and Touchpad. Dvices I would gladly spend money on!

Journeyman

I dont think Sprint be getting any new products from HP, and now no updates of new os 2.x to any Pre's

I cant wait till summer for the release of iPhone 5 with iPad 2 and all new HP products so I can then decide what carrier to jump to.

Sprint just lost major amount of customers and if they hope of getting new ones forget that Sprint, not with lame phones.

Journeyman

I am with you all. If the new WebOS devices do not make their way to Sprint I am gone. I have been a loyal customer for years, but my biggest regret is buying the EVO 4G. The allure of better hardware got me, and I hate Android. I will be switching back to my Pre and selling this hunk of junk on eBay. Come this summer I will determine which carrier I am going to based on who has the WebOS devices.

Journeyman

I have been a sprint customer for many years and don't really feel like switching.  However, I am more dedicated to webOS than I am to the sprint network because I find the former to be the most intuitive, user friendly mobile os out there.   I have played with both an evo and iphone extensively and find them both inferior in all areas other than hardware.  If I am forced to choose between webOS and sprint I will take my account and all five of its lines to whichever carrier picks up the new webOS devices.

Message was edited by: FROGGYTOO

Journeyman

I'm in the same boat as everyone else if the Pre3 doesn't come out for Sprint soon i will leave. I've been a loyal Sprint customer for 8+ years but if we come second with all the lastest phones except 4g Android devices I will leave.

Journeyman

Throwing my hat into the ring here too. Mark my words Sprint, if you don't get the Pre 3, I am gone.

Journeyman

I have been a Sprint customer for about 15 years... I had a pager back when they were still cool.  I stuck with them through the years as my crappy phones lost calls and my service plans were just wrong enough that overage fees drove my bill way up several times.  The past year and a half since I got my Pre and switched to the $69.99 plan have been like heaven!  I love this phone and have sat and waited for new ones to be announced.  My only complaint with the phone has been that the headphone jack gets messed up so the phone thinks there's something plugged in, which makes the phone think I'm not holding it up to my ear.  They finally got it right with the plan and the phone, even though they snubbed us on Pre Plus and Pre 2.  The news of new HP phones today, especially that of Pre3, makes me incredibly anxious to get one, and I will say as well that I will not accept a huge middle finger from Sprint this time!  Pre Plus = strike one.  Pre 2 = strike 2. I think you can figure out the rest.  I know what I want to happen, and hopefully I'll just be able to get a Pre3 through Sprint this summer.  Otherwise I have to move on.

Journeyman

I have to say that I've been all over the map with smartphone OSs.  I've had Windows mobile phones for the longest, and now I have a BB style and a Samsung Galaxy Tab.  I'm getting tired of the BB and was waiting for the next big Android touchscreen phone.  I don't want the EVO, I want something similar but much thinner and a newer Android OS.  Anyway, when I saw the press conference today on the new WebOS lineup, I was blown away!  I never considered the Pre, I have a friend who has one and just loves it, but I never gave WebOS a second thought until today.  I would love to get the Pre 3 with the Touch pad.  The touch sync technology just blew me away!  I have a bad feeling that Sprint won't pick any of this new lineup up.  Since we didn't get the Pre plus or the Pre 2, I seriously doubt Sprint will get th Pre 3 (I hope I'm wrong).  Also, I doubt Sprint will get the Touch pad too because their big tablet is the BB Playbook 4G coming out this summer.  But if you all are totally sold on the Touch pad at least, it will come out Wifi first and then the 3G/4G tablet later.  So at least you can get the Touch pad on Wifi without switching carriers.

Journeyman

Please get the Pre 3, or I'm going to be very depressed I resigned my contract to take advantage of an employee discount assuming you would actually do something your costumers wanted. And not just picked up some stupid DS phone that we can only guess has worse battery life than my Pre, given that you're giving out two batteries with the thing. And that, though there are two screens on it, you still can't truely multitask like my year-and-a-half old Pre can. Seriously Sprint, I really don't want any Andorid phone. The origional Pre is still better than anything else you currently offer.

Journeyman

The Pre 3 looked awesome and webOS 2.x is going to be amazing. Sprint will miss another big opportunity if they don't carry the Pre 3.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat