Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

Go to solution
Highlighted
Wizard

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

COYOT37 wrote:

As I understand it (I may be misremembering), Rovio is coding for WebOS, so Angrey Birds SHOULD be on WebOS.

You know, that OS that's going to be on every HP PC in addition to windows. And is being licensed to other vendors. That thing.

Absolutely! I've had Angry Birds on my Palm Pre (original) for months...

CIMG1920.jpg

Works VERY well.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

It's not about the games - I was just HIGHLY irritated by his attempt to sell me on a product I know I don't want by telling me I could get a game.  PLEASE!  WebOS is so much better and so much more than "pretty cards" as he said...  Oh well.  Shopping for a new {old} pre online.....

Highlighted
Journeyman

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

Well, after taking a wait and see attitude, I've finally done my part.  I've sent my professional eMail to dan@sprint.com to add my name to the masses demanding the HP Pre 3 on Sprint.

9 years w/ Sprint as of this month and I want to stay.  But I made it clear that my business lies with the mobile OS, not the mobile carrier.  Exclusivity is a slap in the face for a smart consumer.  Carriers should be a choice for the network and customer service, NOT the devices...

In any regard, I remain hopeful that Sprint does the right thing.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

Don't even bother emailing dan@sprint.com - that address simply forwards to low-level CS lackeys, most of whom respond with generic form letters devoid of actual information. As is often the case, it seems the only way you'll send a real message here is with your wallet.

As I mentioned earlier, my original Pre's been knocking on death's door for awhile now... most notably the touchscreen had been going bonkers for weeks, registering phantom taps all over the place and being almost unusable much of the time. Today was the absolute last straw, for months I've been using two alarms (Palm OEM and Timepiece) set 10 mins apart and BOTH failed to go off today... ended up more than an hour late to work, oops! My guess is that those phantom taps shut the alarms off before they could sound long enough to wake me, but who knows for sure. Target was running a great deal on the LG Optimus for Virgin Mobile ($149 plus $20 giftcard) so I snapped one up... will be activating it this afternoon and ending my 5-year relationship with Sprint.

Hello $25/mo plan, goodbye Sprint and HPalm... sorry Sprint, you snooze you lose. Didn't really want an Android device, but I figured if I had to settle for one, I'd cut a huge chunk out of my cell bill in the process. Bring in a new non-tablet webOS device and maybe I'll be back, but until then...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

Add me tp the list of those who will terminate after 10 yrs of service with Sprint unless I get the Touchpad With 4G Everywhere, and the Pre. I refuse to purchase any Android or IOS device and only have a BB because it is a work issued phone.

So Sprint if you want to keep Hundreds possibly even Thousands of your loyal customers, LISTEN or lose us all, and suffer the same fate as the rest, Get bought by ATT. It would be such a shame. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

I don't agree.  SOMEONE is getting your emails, keep emailing dan@sprint.com guys (& gals).  & NYISLESS13 since you left sprint, I hope you told them why you left.  Android would NOT be an option for a lot of us

Highlighted
Journeyman

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

Someone is getting the emails but they happen to be low level customer service reps. I sent my email and got three phone calls and follow-up emails from a customer service rep that told me (and I quote):

---

Dear XXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting Sprint. I attempted to contact you today 6/14/11 at phone number ###-###-####. However, you were not available. I left a voicemail message. The reason for my call was to address your feedback regarding the HP Palm Pre 3. We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to email your request that we add the phone to our line up. At this time, we have not been provided confirmation if we are going to carry the phone. I will definitely forward your email to the appropriate department.

I sincerely appreciate the opportunity you allowed me to address your feedback. Contact me directly with any outstanding billing, equipment or coverage issues. Please feel free to use Dan@Sprint.com for future questions, concerns, or feedback. Additionally, I can be reached directly at (757) 223-3233, Monday through Thursday from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM EST and Friday 9:00 am – 1:00 pm EST. Thank you for choosing Sprint.

Sincerely,

Tamara B.

Sprint

---

Is someone getting our emails? Yes. Is it "Dan"? Uh, that would be a big, fat, "no"...<sigh>

Very much a form letter with <insert not-so-pertinent-information-that-kind-of-addresses-what-the-customer-is-asking-about-without-giving-an-actual-answer-and-leaves-them-frustrated>

Techiedude

Highlighted
Journeyman

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

I hope that no one is silly enough to believe that Dan Hess, the CEO of Sprint, is answering those emails.  I think the people answering are higher up the sprint chain of command than the telephone operators & store associates only because you probably have to have some kind of seniority to answer emails that are directed to the CEO.  I don't think one email is going to get sprint to work harder on offering the Pre 3, but if they get enough emails of enough people threatening to leave, I'm sure they will work harder towards carrying the Pre 3. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

I agree with GEMINISTYLE16. Keep on making contact, or make first contact if you have not. If we explore the various avenues to let them know our interest in the Pre 3, then they have more reason to take us seriously. Of course it is just going to customer service, but at least you know someone has to make a call and reply in an email, which seems more than what the Sprint workers are doing in relationship to this thread.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

I find it unusual that we have pre-order and release information for Germany and the UK, but not for the US.  The precedent has been that these types of devices launch stateside first, then roll out in other countries.  If HP is already licensing phones overseas, then it seems they should at least know who's carrying their devices here, and with the release of the Veer and now the TouchPad, it's confusing to me why we don't see more about the Pre 3. Perhaps they have hush agreements with the carrier(s) who will feature the devices. Very poor marketing, if you ask me.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

@nawadley, I think that some of that is being leaked or put up on the retailer websites for those companies in Germany or the UK that are potentially carrying the phone. I don't think that there is official word from HP on those dates/carriers yet. It could be that the site is preparing a webpage as a place holder and the dates/prices are not yet finalized.

I agree that the lack of detail is very frustrating though. I wish HP/Sprint/Verizon/ATT would just come out with some announcements, so I can start making my plans.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

GEMINISTYLE16 wrote:

I hope that no one is silly enough to believe that Dan Hess, the CEO of Sprint, is answering those emails.  I think the people answering are higher up the sprint chain of command than the telephone operators & store associates only because you probably have to have some kind of seniority to answer emails that are directed to the CEO.  I don't think one email is going to get sprint to work harder on offering the Pre 3, but if they get enough emails of enough people threatening to leave, I'm sure they will work harder towards carrying the Pre 3. 

Of course not, but it's an avenue of communication provided by Sprint and one that should be used generously.  They obviously don't go to the bit bucket, and with Sprint's customer service problems in the recent past I'd have to believe they do review the information from this channel.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat