cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

Go to solution
Journeyman

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

I really liked what you had to say Techiedude, wish Sprint & HP had someone like you in their marketing departments!!

Journeyman

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

Thanks for the props, GEMINISTYLE16. I appreciate it

Techiedude

Journeyman

Re: Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

I wanted to post on here as I've been watching this conversation for a long time (almost since it started) and am waiting on pins and needles to see what's going to happen.  This is not a pointless post, though... one phrase that I remembered was in this thread... "consider the source".  So here's my little "he said she said" experience. I was in a Sprint store just a couple of days ago in San Antonio getting my wife's Pre checked due to lack of battery life (more than normal).  toward the end of the conversation I asked the rep, "Hey, I know this is probably pointless, but have you heard anything about the Pre 3 coming to sprint?  I'm just asking because obviously ours are pretty beat up and we've been waiting for a long time for a new WebOS device.  We're not happy with android, we've tried it, and I know there isn't much out there online about the Pre 3 coming to any carrier... I've looked, so I thought you might know something, but I know I'm kinda grasping at straws asking, too." He replied, "Yeah, actually I know we're supposed to get it, but I don't know when."  He did a quick search on the computer and after about a minute or 2 and about 5 screens coming up and down on his computer he said, "Yeah, I can't find any specifics but I do remember hearing that we're supposed to get it... I'm just not sure when." Again, consider the source, but that at least gives me a little hope that he came right out and said, "Yeah, we're supposed to get it."  His body language didn't indicate just feeding me a line either... often I can tell when people are just feeding me a line.  So perhaps there is something in the pipe, perhaps there isn't, but it makes me a touch more optimistic.  Prepare for the worst, hope for the best... perhaps it'll happen... the sooner we know, the better!  BRING ON THE PRE 3!

Journeyman

Thanks for all the great info and ideas!!  I feel so much better after reading this thread.  I've felt so alone in my wanting Sprint to get the Pre 3/Tablet and in my love of Pre (and hate of Android phones that Sprint has tried to push when I've had problems w/my Pre.)  Sadly, I will also leave Sprint after 7 years if they don't get it!  I have had so many issues with my Pre(s) that my complaints/requests were escalated to higher management, so be assured they got the message.  That being said, there is no still guarantee they will release the Pre 3.  From what I was told, it comes down to a bidding war and if ATT & Verizon are willing to cough up the big bucks and Sprint is too cheap than we will have no choice but to leave... unfortunately we will ultimately pay higher monthly rates and not have the same level of customer service.  I left AT&T for a reason!!!! but if Sprint gives me no choice I will BAIL

Journeyman

Dear Sprint,

I left AT&T launch week to get a Pre and a Pixi.  I now have 5 lines on Sprint and we love our service HOWEVER this pathetic waiting game for a new WebOS phone is ridiculous!!!!  To even think that other carriers may get the Veer, TouchPad and Pre 3 before you is a slap in the face to the loyal WebOS customer's that have been with you since the beginning of WebOS.  Yes we may be fanatical, however there is no other OS out there that even measures up to WebOS!! 

I will be more than happy to take my 5 lines (soon to be 6 with a TouchPad) elsewhere if we don't get some answers soon.  I'm sure another carrier would be happy to take my monthly $225+!

Please show us some respect and answer our inquires soon!

Journeyman

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

LIZSONSHINE, please send your exact statement to Sprint.

Journeyman

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

If Sprint does not add someform of webOS device over the next couple of months I will persue a new carrier when my companies phones come up for renewal.  I know 1100 dollars a month is not alot, but I am sure someone else will appreciate it.

Journeyman

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

I have been a loyal customer of Sprint since 2000 and a Palm user just as long.  I will go wherever the Pre3 lands.

There's speculation now that it will hit Verizon and AT&T on July 21st, if that's true then I will be terminating my 2 line contract and going to one of those carriers.

Sprint can keep me as a customer with an announcement of a firm release date for a new webOS phone.  But right now, the silence is deafening.

Journeyman

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

I also have a 2 line contract with 2 Pre's and I am Premier customer.  I moved over to Sprint with the announcement of the Pre.  I have a Palm loyalist since 1997.  However, with today's news at PreCentral regarding AT&T and Verizon getting the Pre, it seems my days with Sprint are number.  I also plan to get 1 or 2 TouchPads. I have received a few calls from Sprint this year where I asked about phones from HP/Palm.  Not surprised no one, but one knew of the Pre3 because he use to have a Treo.  Of course, each time I would be asked about switching to a Android based phone.  My answer has been that I will moving my business elsewhere if there is no announcement regarding plans to get the Pre3 and/or TouchPad.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

Please Sprint get the Pre 3. I hate to have to choose. I have had the Pre - for way to long!

Journeyman

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

I'm not excited about the rumor flying about today. I hope Sprint gets something going with HP soon.

Journeyman

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

I am glad that I am not the only one who is fed up with Sprint not  wanting to carry the Pre3 and/or not giving up any information regarding  so.  I would think that a company losing as much business as Sprint is,  it would  be a little more eager to get any advantage they can.   Andriod phone are way to saturated with an os that is alright at best.  I  have the upgrade option and refuse to use it on phone I absolutely  don't want.  I have been with Sprint since 2007 and with Palm since  2000.  Sprint has provided me with excellent customer service, but that  is not enough if they don't carry any of the  products I want.  I am  ready to take my family plan and anyone who will listen me, straight to  the competitor.  I am a little fed up with HP also and I will no longer  recommend thier products to any of my customres.  I feel they  should/could have fought harder for those with the orignal Pre-.  At  leaset through us some kind of bone, but they haven't.  Sprint is stupid  to believe that they will somehow compete with Android and BB phones.  If they get the iPhone, so what, Verizon and ATT have much better  networks and supierior coverage.  WiMaxx turned out to be dud, LTE  networks runs circles around wimaxx, people will notice that.  I hope  Dan knows what he is doing, looks like he has more than a few loyal  customers ready to dump Sprint in favor of the competition

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat