cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

No offense to those that have had to go through it themselves (I know it's a lifelong process and a serious endeavour) but...this discussion is taking a turn towards an AA meeting:

Hi, my name is xxxx

I've been with Sprint for # yrs

I've got # lines

I've used Palm devices for # years

lol

With that in mind I'll continue the trend, maybe if we get a few hundred (or possibly dozen) "signatures" Sprint will get the message (no pun intended)...

Hi my name is Techiedude

I've been with Sprint for 10 years

I've got four lines

I've been using Palm devices for 12 years

Sprint/HP - get your shizzle straight and agree on a Pre 3 release timetable for your joint money-spending customers.

I'm not the one with the problem here ; if it was my problem, I'd already have a solution.

Techiedude

Journeyman

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

Since the Pre3 hasn't been announced on ANY network (still just speculation based on leaks), it's a little early to bemoan Sprint or turn away from HP because it hasn't been announced on Sprint.

Several possibilities:

1) Sprint simply hasn't had any leaks.

2) Sprint will get it, but later, because one of the following A) There's a holdup in the testing phase, B) There's some holdup in people processes C) There's a technical issue on Sprint's side that needs addressing D) Time-based exclustivity or preferred status rollout (not likely if both ATT & Verizon get it the same day) E) something we haven't thought of.

3) Sprint isn't going to get it, and we may never find out why. (So lambasting either side for not caring about the users is premature.)

Point is, we don't KNOW...just like Verizon & ATT users aren't 100% sure, because there's been no announcement.

Journeyman

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

Look, look, look! I don't care WHO is at the root of all this HP/PALM/PRE3/Sprint Decision. I just want to know YES or NO, YES or NO, YES or NO. I am getting very frustrated, more an more each day i when i see or read a blog an theres always nothing  about sprint so today seeing the AT&T, BELL & Verizon  attached names to this particular article, leaving Sprint out once again. I had it to this point, i had the Original Pre, since DAY #1, released on Sprint. I, overall, am happy with Sprint's service and data plan and pricing. I still LOVE my original PRE, especially with it running right. i love it mostly because of the WebOS! I hope to stay with Sprint since i been a customer since 1998 an with the PRE3 as the backbone of that relationship. But my contract has been up, i have been patient, and now after waiting for so long, I am comfortable with the prospect of leaving Sprint in order to stay with WebOS. Just give me an answer YES or NO, YES or NO, YES or NO. It may be a Sprint decision (I don't know), but either way, Sprint will lose me if I have to adapt to the juvenile Android system just to stay there. Yes, if it is an HP decision that leaves Sprint in the dust, I will be upset with that. Now Give Me My New Phone Now...I'm Not Asking For It To Be Free I'm Happy To Pay For My Phone THANK YOU!!!!

Journeyman

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

Dear Sprint,

Add me to the list:  Where is the pre 3?  My fifth refurb is on life support.  Please do not make me pull the plug.

Journeyman

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

Dear Sprint,

I have buyers lined up for 3 WebOS phones if you sold them.

1 to myself; 1 to my wife; 1 to my brother.

I have been holding on to my Pre for 2 years now and it can't last much longer. Android is not a good replacement as it has an aweful UI. I believe that I read 70% of your sales are Android... where is the choice in that. I love that you have low prices, I just think you need to let your customers decide what phone OS they like best. Please don't make me buy a phone I don't want that is not a good way to get high net promoter scores.

Regards,

David

Journeyman

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

I have sent a message to "Dan's" e-mail again after seeing the news on Precentral.

As a Premier Member with 6 lines and 10 years for services I would hate to go, but the lack of HP Pre3 will force my hand.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for another couple of months. If Sprint does not expand its offerings of WebOS phones I will leave.

Regards,

Kevin

Highlighted
Journeyman

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

We need to be more organized about this. Companies will listen if you make a public outcry. We need this to be in social channels and not just buried in a message board.

Steps:

1st: We need a "Bring WebOS to Sprint" Facebook Page. This page will need as many fans and likes as humanly possible

2nd: We need something similar for Twitter as well.

Finally: We need to bring our voice to the place it most matters Sprint and HP.

We need to all post to this thread:

URL of Sprint MB:

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/61482?tstart=0

I have not identified the appropriate avenue to bring this to HP but my guess is that one of you out there might know. Thoughts?

Let's do this right or not complain at all!

Would someone be interested in starting a FB page and posting it to this feed?

Journeyman

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

Journeyman

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

I just got a call from an HP webOS customer representative because I sent a message via the HP webpage that was posted in this forum.

The good news stops there - sorry...

Synopsis: they didn't know when the Pre 3 was being released (other than "this Summer"), they couldn't say which carriers, they couldn't even verify the July 1st release date of the TouchPad. They could only agree that the TouchPad will be made available for preorder on June 19th. He was helpful and nice; the info not so much. Even their own employees are being left out of the communications loop - he said he knew as much as was posted on the website - yikes!

Techiedude

Journeyman

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

Newest rumor on WebOS -

Mysterious Sprint Exclusive HP Phone has 3D Capabilities? [Rumor]

http://www.webosroundup.com/2011/06/mysterious-sprint-exclusive-hp-phone-has-3d-capabilities-rumor/

I have to say this slab/3d phone sounds more like a toy than a tool and it would not keep me with Sprint.

If the other rumors are true, July 21st I'll be signing up with Verizon or AT&T for two Pre 3's and a third simple phone for my father.

Journeyman

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

"they didn't know when the Pre 3 was being released (other than "this Summer"), they couldn't say which carriers, they couldn't even verify the July 1st release date of the TouchPad. "

This is because there's been no official announcement. Until such a time as there is, Cust Service isn't going to know any more than you or I.

Journeyman

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

Stop being ignored!

Join the FaceBook group dedicated to getting HP WebOS back on Sprint.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_127598790656140

Together we can do this!

Go WebOS!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat