Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

Go to solution
Journeyman

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

Can't fault you there Tomas

Techiedude

Journeyman

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

Over 100,000 views on this topic, Sprint. MONTHS after it was created, and the topic just doesn't go away. webOS users are desperate for a solution on your network, and they're screaming at you to carry the Pre3. I just crossed my 10 year anniversary, and despite Verizon's new absurd data plans, I'm still 80% to leave. New rumored slab phone or not, if there isn't something concrete before the Pre3 comes out on AT&T and Verizon (rumored July 20th-ish), I'm probably gone.

Journeyman

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

I didn't even know Sprint had these discussion forums.  I wonder what the chances are they are on tapatalk...

Anyway, I have indeed noticed a change in Sprint's reponses to the emails to "Dan."  When I first started emailing them sometime last year, I got basically no answer other than we have no information about future (Palm, HP, webOS) phones.  Blah blah.  Now, in my own experience, as well as in the experience of others here and on P|C, they have added the whole "we have received a number of calls and will forward your comments to (marketing in my case, appropriate parties for others).  The rep in "Dan's" office I spoke with stated (but not in the email) he thought they would carry it, due to all of the interest, FWIW.

Journeyman

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

I personally would like the Pre3. The mysterious slab phone with 4G is probably vapor-ware, particularly given the announcement that Sprint is investing in LightSquared a LTE network for 4G like Verizon and AT&T offers. So what does this mean for there current 4G implementation (WiFiMax) with Clearwire? It would likely mean that all phones with the current 4G radio based on WiFiMax will not be able to access the new LTE network. Just Give Me A 3G Pre3 that's all I ask......

Journeyman

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

The rumoured 4G slab hasn't been published at the FCC yet (that anyone knows of) indicating it may as well be vapourware at this point.  But I don't see why it couldn't boast an LTE radio.

Journeyman

Re: Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

Reply I got from Dan's e-mail today:

Good Afternoon Jared,

Thank you for contacting [....]. We at Sprint have been a longtime partner of Palm and a great supporter of its products. While we do not currently have any information we can provide in regards to upcoming products from Palm or HP I would hope that our relationship continues as HP develops the Palm brand to its full potential. We greatly appreciate your business, please let us know if we can assist you further.

Have a great day!

Jared R.

[...] Support

Bristol, VA

Message was edited by: mapesy, who removed email address as per Community guidelines.

Journeyman

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

So I'm thinkin' of doin' it. My Pre is about done. I need to take action before it does go....can't be w/o my phone for a min. I have a Pre who's contract is up on the 1st, and a Pixi who's contract is up in Feb. It's not lookin' good for the Pre3 here on Sprint, and we all know that there's a GSM version comin in the future. So i was thinking of porting my number for my Pre over to AT&T now to the Veer. Keep my Pixi here on Sprint until the Pre3 comes to AT&T and move that line over then. Any advice?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

Keep in mind nothing has been officialy announced concerning the Pre3. So far there are only rumors so any move you make now would be based soley on heresay.

I am waiting until the Pre3 is available. If it's at AT&T or Verizon and not Sprint, I'll switch. If Sprint announces something before the Pre3 is available at another carrier I will consider staying, depending on what their future with webOS is.

Journeyman

Re: Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

I went to the HP website and found the page where you can "email the CEO" - much like their version of [..].  Here's the link:

[...]

The next day, I got a call from an HP rep.  He left a message basically saying that they don't have any news one way or the other about Sprint carrying WebOS devices, and that I should add my email to the Notify Me link on the product pages (which I did weeks ago).  Of course, he will forward my message to the appropriate department.  I don't expect any earth-shattering revelation from this approach, but since we're on an emailing campaign for Sprint, I figure it couldn't hurt if we left an equal number of messages for HP.  After all, both sides have to want to play ball.

On another note, I visited Best Buy yesterday and got my first hands-on with the Veer.  I haven't held a WebOS device in about 1 1/2 years, and it was truly wonderful.  This phone was so fast, easy to use, and intuitive!  I currently have a Blackberry Curve, and the Veer was a much better typing experience, not to mention the ease of the OS.  I don't know what will happen with Sprint, but I do know that my next phone will either be the Pre 3 or the Veer (depending on pricing for the former).  I can't wait!

Message was edited by: mapesy, who removed email address and link as per community guidelines.

Journeyman QSR
Journeyman

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

All, this has been a great dialog. But I have a couple of questions:  1) Why is Sprint forwarding this to their Marketing Dept. ? Most of us users don't need to be sold on the concept of Sprint having it, we just need them to get it...unless the Marketing is to HP....

2) Has anyone tried to post to this discussion from their Pre? I'm having a devil of a time posting...screen refreshes, timeouts then having to login again, etc. I had to paste this reply in the Memo App first to make sure that my post wasn't lost. Thanks

Wizard

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

2022715773 wrote:

All, this has been a great dialog. But I have a couple of questions:  1) Why is Sprint forwarding this to their Marketing Dept. ? Most of us users don't need to be sold on the concept of Sprint having it, we just need them to get it...unless the Marketing is to HP....

From what I understand, in Sprint, marketing has a huge say is what the company will, uh,"market,"  

Tom

Journeyman

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

Thanks, nawadley. I had emailed the HP customer service dept and gotten an "we have no info on future products" stupid response. I have now followed your lead:

"I'm a launch day Pre owner on Sprint who firmly believes there is no other OS out there that even measures up to WebOS. As excited as I am about ordering a Touchpad, I will not be making a decision until I find out who will carry the Pre 3 or Veer, it seems to be you are marketing the cart before you release the horse. What is the point of ordering a Touchpad (I am receiving a notification to preorder on June 19 every other day) if I do not know if my carrier will carry the new WebOS phones? As I understand it from your advertisements, they are designed to work together. There are thousands and thousands of WebOS users on Sprint clamoring for your new phones (read the user groups and Facebook pages).

The lack of any discussion on "doing right" by us early adopters is very disheartening. Palm failed on delivering us Flash and document editing. Now HP is failing to market its phones before the tablet."

http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/execteam/email/ceo/index.html

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat