cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

Go to solution
Journeyman

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

If the rumored roadmap is true then my days left with Sprint are numbered.

Journeyman

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

I've got four lines on my account and as I use data on 3 of them, Sprint is by far the cheapest, but I can't deal with this crap anymore. I was willing to let them pass on the Pre2 as most of the world did anyways and I knew something better was coming. But now knowing that Sprint won't be carrying it means I have to jump ship. I don't know what Sprint's reasons are (and no, I don't want a slab phone) and I don't really care. As a carrier, you should provide choices to your customer and let them decide what they want. Even if you started with limited quantities just to gauge demand, I would be ok with that, but to pass on a phone entirely because you've decided that for your customers, that's just wrong. I guess I'll be reviewing AT&T and Verizon plans this weekend.

Journeyman

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

It should be noted that if HP & Sprint are still hammering out the details, there could be part of the roadmap that's hidden. If a deal is in progress but not reached, they can't mention anything.

I'm not being an overly optomistic rose-glasses subscriber, here, just pointing out one more variable.

Journeyman

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

Sprint, you guys are awesome at customer service, you guys are incredible at pricing, but my contract is almost up and i want another WebOS phone on Sprint. So please do whatever you can to get the pre 3 or another WebOS phone on Sprint soon.    I know you guys are trying hard to push Android, but WebOS just has so much more potential and doesn't have 10 different versions.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

I remember when Verizon's CEO kicked Sprint in the balls when he said they would have the Pre in 6 months after Sprint exclusive deal was up. I hope Sprint returns the favor by annoucing when they will have a webOS device as early as possible to retain the webOS fans they have.

Journeyman

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

Like most others responding, I'm a big fan of WebOS (I even write applications for it).  I have not been extremely happy with Sprint lately.  I've moved and their service here in downtown Orlando is horrible.  I do like my plan though... it's better than anything I can find with other carriers.  But, if Sprint does not offer the Pre3, it will be the final straw.  I will take my business somewhere else.

Journeyman

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

I just got a Sprint email offering a free Samsung Replenish and $10 off plan.  The picture looks like a Pre with the keyboard slider open.  My immediate reaction was Sprint must be targeting and tempting Pre owners to switch to a 'droid device.  It was like rubbing salt in the wound.

Journeyman

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

I'm on my 4th or 5th Pre from Sprint.  They've been great about replacing them, but the daily backup that is supposed to make getting my contacts onto the new phone super easy hasn't worked the last 3 times and I have consequently had to resort to old bills to find newer numbers.  I've since obtained a homebrew app that exports my contacts list to a file I can move to my desktop.  But I digress.  I switched to Sprint solely for the purpose of having a Palm phone.  Being a loyal Treo owner for years I wanted to stay with Palm so I switched from Verizon.  NAturally a few months later Verizon not only had the Pre, but the newer version.  Sprints service is no where near as good as Verizons, but I can live with a few dropped calls, and no signal at all in certain spots in Manhattan and Brooklyn.  What's funny is that I had a Sprint phone in 2005 and I still lose my signal in the same exact locations today as I did 6 years ago.  However, the unlimited data, text, and calls plan makes up for these small inconveniences.  That said, I WILL ABSOLUTELY go back to Verizon if they get the Pre 3 before Sprint.  I don't know how much longer I can hold out though.  I'm gonna give it one more month before I just go get myself one of those new HTC phones with the screens that look like 60" plasmas when you hold it next to my puny Pre.  So I'm just waiting to see what happens.

Journeyman

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

Regarding older Palm phones, I wish HP would bring back the Desktop Manager/Backup option that we had with the old Treo line. Say what you will about cloud backups but Amazon, Google and MS's respective cloud services (and their individual failures) have taught me to be vigilant in my personal backups. Wish I could do it with my Pre - now there's an app I'd pay $9.99 for...backup my Pre, all of its data (incl music and pix), application settings, contacts, memos, calendar.

Somebody want to code that?

Techiedude

Journeyman

Re: Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

I am so torn over this choice. I don't think I could handle anything but WebOS these days. I recently got a really cheap Android tablet and still can't get used to the interface. WebOS is just sooooo intuitive.

My original Pre has been loved to pieces and the battery is on the fritz. I really, really, really want the Pre 3.

I really don't want to have to choose WebOS over Sprint. I LOVE Sprint. With their 450 mins/month and unlimited everything else plan, I pay HALF of what I used to pay on Verizon for a LOT less.

Also, AT&T and Verizon are both ending their "unlimited" billing plans . . .

Come on Sprint!! Help a girl out! Get the Pre 3 as soon as you can! I will race down and sign another 2 years of my life away!

Journeyman

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

If you're looking for a good (and cheap) replacement battery, checkout "The OEM Planet" at Amazon for Pre/Pixi batteries:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002CMITYI

For under $4 I got a new battery delivered to my door - let's see Apple do that lol

Techiedude

Wizard

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

TECHIEDUDE007 wrote:

If you're looking for a good (and cheap) replacement battery, checkout "The OEM Planet" at Amazon for Pre/Pixi batteries:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002CMITYI

For under $4 I got a new battery delivered to my door - let's see Apple do that lol

Techiedude

I'm running a $4 Pre battery from Amazon, and it brought battery life  right back up to "new phone" performance. Definitely worth the pittance  until the Pre 3 is available...

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat