cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

I guess I'll be taking my 3 lines away from Sprint.  My husband purchased a touchpad and we're thinking of getting a second touchpad.  I've been with sprint since about 1997 and my long relationship with sprint will soon come to an end.

Journeyman

Sprint needs to realize how many people are leaving them only because there are no new webOS devices coming out. Everyday I read more and more people like you leaving after more than a decade.....Sadly Sprint is still just shrugging their shoulders at us. When are they gonna realize that they are making a terrible decision here??

Journeyman

Touchpad is nice, but it's not worth it without a new webOS phone.

Yes, i'm with @tomas, at least open it up for us to buy directly from HP and activate on Sprint plans.

Journeyman

I'm liking my TouchPad, and will be married to s Pre 3 by George!

If buying direct from HP to activate on Sprint is a viable option, you better believe I'm jn!

badankles wrote:

Touchpad is nice, but it's not worth it without a new webOS phone.

Yes, i'm with @tomas, at least open it up for us to buy directly from HP and activate on Sprint plans.

Journeyman

I'm already a regular customer at www.shopping.hp.com...It would be a game-changer for me if I could get a phone there and activate it at Sprint.  I'd have to think it over though, if I had to pay HP's full price and lose any Sprint Premier Gold benefits. 

Journeyman

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

Well, it's official now. I just ordered my Touchpad. So now I have to get a Pre3! Come on Sprint, don't let me down!!

For those of you who haven't yet ordered a Touchpad, do it at QVC.com. For $659 plus tax and shipping, you get a 32 GB Touchpad, Touchstone, and case. Then just take off the $50 rebate HP is giving to legacy device owners, and it's a steal! And you can pay in 5 installments! Sure it doesn't ship til the 15th, and arrive on the 21st, but who cares!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

a steal for 659!?   You're either rich or have no logic.  I can't even justify spending $500 on the 16GB touchpad when the 16GB ipad2 is the same price, thinner, faster, better battery, has more apps, the pre 3 has not been released, no announcement dates/carriers.  I'm with the group of people boycotting the touchpad until HP comes to their senses and lowers the price.  The $50 off only on the 32GB touchpad was just a really big insult.    I'm sure in two months from now the 16GB touchpad will be going for $350-$400.

Journeyman

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

Dear Sprint.

I really enjoy your service at your prices.  I do not want to leave, but this is making me consider looking at what other carriers have to offer for monthly plans.

If i can get the pre 3 on verizion for $10 more a month, then that's worth it to me and I'll make the switch to verizon. 

Sprint, listen to your customers, get the phone.  This will not only keep existing sprint webos users, but it will pull webos users from verizon and at&t if you start marketing your monthly plans correctly.  Your CEO seems like a nice guy, but comon.... people see that commercial and they think this guy is about to talk about some type of insurance so they change the channel.  What ever happened to the sprint trenchcoat guy? 

Here's a free idea you can take from me at no cost.  Do a commercial with a kid using the pre3 (maybe 13 years old) ..... growing up... now he is in college using the pre 3... growing up.... now he is a successful business man still using the pre 3 on sprint.

Journeyman

That would be a great commercial JANTER, also please forward that email to [...]!  I doubt the moderator (if there is one) is even listening to us on here anymore

Message was edited by: mapesy, who removed email address as per community guidelines.

Journeyman

JANTER wrote:

a steal for 659!?   You're either rich or have no logic.  I can't even justify spending $500 on the 16GB touchpad when the 16GB ipad2 is the same price, thinner, faster, better battery, has more apps, the pre 3 has not been released, no announcement dates/carriers.  I'm with the group of people boycotting the touchpad until HP comes to their senses and lowers the price.  The $50 off only on the 32GB touchpad was just a really big insult.    I'm sure in two months from now the 16GB touchpad will be going for $350-$400.

LMAO....definitely not rich...far from it. I just know the game. And it is a game. My logic is actually pretty simple. Let me break it down so u can follow...nice and slow.

A) 32GB Touch Pad (NOT 16) at regular cost. And you know what? I want one.

B) Touchstone charger ($80) and case ($50) included in the bundle for $59

C) $50 rebate from HP...essentially making the accessories only $10

D) 5-payment installments instead of one upfront payment

All this = STEAL!

It's called let me get the most for my money. With technology you're always gonna pay more at some point. Pay now, it's cheaper in a month. Buy it in a month, it's cheaper again a month later....like I said it's a game. I want one now. I love webOS. I utilized all the advantages given to me now, at this time. And I'm happy about it. I'll be completely happy with a Pre3 to go with it...wherever it may land.

On a side note. That is a great idea for a commercial.

Journeyman

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

That would only be possible if Sprint used GSM OR if they used the CDMA version of a SIM card.  I'm pretty sure HP can't just sell a phone with a Sprint com board that Sprint is not actually carrying.  Therefore, no Pre 3 on Sprint if Sprint isn't actually going to carry it.  Furthermore, Rod Whitby (webosinternals) tweated yesterday that it will NOT be possible to do a FrankenPre3 for Sprint, since the Pre's com board is not compatible (I guess because the Pre 3 is bigger).  So Sprint is screwing us (I find it hard to believe that HP said "No Pre 3 for you Sprint!"  It would not make sense). Based on my usage I can fit inside the 4GB and 5GB tiers on AT&T and VZW respectively.  And at least on VZW I get coverage in areas where I currently roam or have bad signal on Sprint (Smiley Tongue) and with AT&T I think you get their WIFI hotspots.

Journeyman

The following emails were posted in a P|C forum recently:

[Edited by SarahKS] Posting of personal contact information is prohibitited by the Community guidelines.

I removed some that were definitely unimportant (such as the general council and director of HR).

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.