cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

SOLVED
Wizard

Re: Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

As I've said before, I would be satisfied if Sprint would simply alllow their customers to turn up CDMA WebOS devices on our existing plans, even if Sprint chooses not to carry them as a part of their inventory.

For example, right now one CAN NOT get a new Palm Pre from Sprint - they have been dropped from inventory, BUT one can purchase outright a Palm Pre from HP and turn it up on a Sprint plan... No contract required.

If I could do the same with a Pre 3 when it comes out, I would very likely do that. If nothing else, I hope that HP works with Sprint to allow that as a "better than nothing" solution - and maybe HP could give us a bit of a break on the price as their promised good deed to us earliest adopters of WebOS.

http://tijil.org/Palm_boxes01.jpg

Journeyman

I would LOVE to do this and even preorder if we could.  But that makes sense, sooooo.  I'm so upset at this latest "news." 

By the way, this post is from my HP TouchPad.  A Sprint Pre 3 sure would pair nicely...

TOMAS_ wrote:

As I've said before, I would be satisfied if Sprint would simply alllow their customers to turn up CDMA WebOS devices on our existing plans, even if Sprint chooses not to carry them as a part of their inventory.

For example, right now one CAN NOT get a new Palm Pre from Sprint - they have been dropped from inventory, BUT one can purchase outright a Palm Pre from HP and turn it up on a Sprint plan... No contract required.

If I could do the same with a Pre 3 when it comes out, I would very likely do that. If nothing else, I hope that HP works with Sprint to allow that as a "better than nothing" solution - and maybe HP could give us a bit of a break on the price as their promised good deed to us earliest adopters of WebOS.

http://tijil.org/Palm_boxes01.jpg

Journeyman

I guess I'll be taking my 3 lines away from Sprint.  My husband purchased a touchpad and we're thinking of getting a second touchpad.  I've been with sprint since about 1997 and my long relationship with sprint will soon come to an end.

Journeyman

Sprint needs to realize how many people are leaving them only because there are no new webOS devices coming out. Everyday I read more and more people like you leaving after more than a decade.....Sadly Sprint is still just shrugging their shoulders at us. When are they gonna realize that they are making a terrible decision here??

Journeyman

Touchpad is nice, but it's not worth it without a new webOS phone.

Yes, i'm with @tomas, at least open it up for us to buy directly from HP and activate on Sprint plans.

Journeyman

I'm liking my TouchPad, and will be married to s Pre 3 by George!

If buying direct from HP to activate on Sprint is a viable option, you better believe I'm jn!

badankles wrote:

Touchpad is nice, but it's not worth it without a new webOS phone.

Yes, i'm with @tomas, at least open it up for us to buy directly from HP and activate on Sprint plans.

Journeyman

I'm already a regular customer at www.shopping.hp.com...It would be a game-changer for me if I could get a phone there and activate it at Sprint.  I'd have to think it over though, if I had to pay HP's full price and lose any Sprint Premier Gold benefits. 

Journeyman

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

Well, it's official now. I just ordered my Touchpad. So now I have to get a Pre3! Come on Sprint, don't let me down!!

For those of you who haven't yet ordered a Touchpad, do it at QVC.com. For $659 plus tax and shipping, you get a 32 GB Touchpad, Touchstone, and case. Then just take off the $50 rebate HP is giving to legacy device owners, and it's a steal! And you can pay in 5 installments! Sure it doesn't ship til the 15th, and arrive on the 21st, but who cares!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

a steal for 659!?   You're either rich or have no logic.  I can't even justify spending $500 on the 16GB touchpad when the 16GB ipad2 is the same price, thinner, faster, better battery, has more apps, the pre 3 has not been released, no announcement dates/carriers.  I'm with the group of people boycotting the touchpad until HP comes to their senses and lowers the price.  The $50 off only on the 32GB touchpad was just a really big insult.    I'm sure in two months from now the 16GB touchpad will be going for $350-$400.

Journeyman

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

Dear Sprint.

I really enjoy your service at your prices.  I do not want to leave, but this is making me consider looking at what other carriers have to offer for monthly plans.

If i can get the pre 3 on verizion for $10 more a month, then that's worth it to me and I'll make the switch to verizon. 

Sprint, listen to your customers, get the phone.  This will not only keep existing sprint webos users, but it will pull webos users from verizon and at&t if you start marketing your monthly plans correctly.  Your CEO seems like a nice guy, but comon.... people see that commercial and they think this guy is about to talk about some type of insurance so they change the channel.  What ever happened to the sprint trenchcoat guy? 

Here's a free idea you can take from me at no cost.  Do a commercial with a kid using the pre3 (maybe 13 years old) ..... growing up... now he is in college using the pre 3... growing up.... now he is a successful business man still using the pre 3 on sprint.