cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

Go to solution
Journeyman

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

Not all Android screens are as big as the Evo's screen and my Pre's screen is the limit of small screens for me! My eyes are bad enough already. It's a fact these small screens are bad for the eyes! I do have a Android phone that has screen bigger than my Pre but smaller than a Evo screen! For me the Veer is a litlle extreme for my eyes! I Notice the difference when I don't zoom the Veer screen. Web pages are just torture on the eyes! It's going to be interesting to see how well the Veer sells! I not going to make my eyes worse even if Sprint gets it! I'll keep my Pre and hope that HP continues to update the OS with flash and voice command support!

Journeyman

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

So I've heard that it is supposed to come out at the end of August and I heard Verizon was supposed to get it, but then I read that it might not be verizon afterall....anybody hear anything else about to whom and when the HP 3 will finally come out???

Journeyman

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

I heard Sept 18...to AT&T.

Journeyman

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

RONBOY52 wrote:

Not all Android screens are as big as the Evo's screen and my Pre's screen is the limit of small screens for me! My eyes are bad enough already. It's a fact these small screens are bad for the eyes! I do have a Android phone that has screen bigger than my Pre but smaller than a Evo screen! For me the Veer is a litlle extreme for my eyes! I Notice the difference when I don't zoom the Veer screen. Web pages are just torture on the eyes! It's going to be interesting to see how well the Veer sells! I not going to make my eyes worse even if Sprint gets it! I'll keep my Pre and hope that HP continues to update the OS with flash and voice command support!

This is just silly. What does screen size have to do with eye problems? Seems to me resolution, lighting and font size are much more important. I will concede you can fit less onto a smaller screen. For me that is not an issue, for you it might be. That is fine.

Ron going way back in this you seem to need to belittle those who make a decision different than yours. I am very happy you have a SERO plan and pay next to nothing and like your phone and service. Good for you. I also am now paying less than I was before, like my phone and have no complaints about the service I am getting. Can't that be good enough without having to disparage anyone who has a difference in opinion?

Journeyman

Re: Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

I've just been looking for a way to contact HP, someone posted it earlier in the the stream, and guess what, we are being moderated, all email addresses have been removed!  They don't care if we leave or are unhappy, but they do care if we post contact info for HP (because its certainly NOT on their site).  I may have to get a blackberry, my pre minus is on its last leg & I refuse to pay 200+ for a pre 2 to have it hacked onto sprint & void the warranty

Wizard

GEMINISTYLE16 wrote:

I've just been looking for a way to contact HP, someone posted it earlier in the the stream, and guess what, we are being moderated, all email addresses have been removed!  They don't care if we leave or are unhappy, but they do care if we post contact info for HP (because its certainly NOT on their site).  I may have to get a blackberry, my pre minus is on its last leg & I refuse to pay 200+ for a pre 2 to have it hacked onto sprint & void the warranty

The moderators here can use whatever criteria they want to determine what they delete, but I personally feel that deleting a Business Contact email address for individuals at HP or Sprint is going a bit far.

I can understand if one posted up someone's personal email information, but not their business email information. (Think about this: If I posted up some company executive's home address I'd expect it to be pulled, but if I post up his business address, why would it? How else can we contact these folks about their business?)

Business email addresses are the way companies do business. Removing them from posts really does seem a bit overkill.

Company executives may be annoyed by contact with the Real World™ of their customers, but seriously, being "in contact" with their customers and their thoughts is at least a part of what they make the "big bucks" for.

Tom http://tijil.org/tom_icon_flap.gif

From the Sprint Community Forum Guidelines:

We may remove any content or Submission in the Community for any reason
The criteria for removing content include but are not limited to:

• Content that is obscene or uses obscene, profane, or sexually explicit language.
    • Content that is violent, racist, incendiary, abusive, threatening, or slanderous against anyone or any group.
    • Content that violates any local, state or federal law.
    • Content intended to exploit, solicit, or harm minors.
    • Content  containing your own or anyone else's personal information including,  but not limited to passwords, credit card numbers, contact information,  or other personally identifying information.
    • Content that uses JavaScript or active code, repetitive posts, or otherwise taking actions that interfere with site operations.
    • Content  that includes “Trojan horses", worms, spyware, files, executables, or  external links to sites that force the download of any virus, program,  spyware or other content or code that could interfere with the  functionality of the site or damage or destroy data or functionality of  any computer hardware or software.
    • Member violations or deleted posts or warning letters, or discussion of sanctioned or no longer registered users.
    • Content  relating to current, future, or proposed lawsuits for Sprint.  This is  not the forum for legal issues with Sprint, and we are not allowed to  discuss ongoing litigation.  Do not solicit class action clients
    • New threads for topics that already exist
    • Content that advertises products or services
    • Content that is posted in more than one forum
    • Content that is overly negative, hostile or does not add to the conversation
Journeyman

Send HP CEO Leo Apotheker a message.  This is directly from their website and they invite you to"Send a message to the CEO - Leo Apotheker"

http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/execteam/email/ceo/index.html

Wizard

I just sent the following message to Léo at HP:

I was one of the early adopters of the original Palm Pre on Sprint (release day).

That device is still in daily use as my primary phone, even though battle scarred and now rather "loose" mechanically.

Before this device dies, I'm hoping to see a new top-of-the-line WebOS device on Sprint, but rumor has it that HP is not convinced they need to continue to offer WebOS devices to those of us who have carried the banner the longest.

Please, if there is anything that HP can do to get a new WebOS smartphone accepted for use on Sprint plans (subsidized or not!), many of us need new devices, and are waiting.

Help!

Thank you for your time and attention,

Tom

Journeyman

Here is what I sent to the HP CEO via http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/execteam/email/ceo/index.html

Dear Mr. Apotheker,

I am a long time HP Palm user who had a Palm Pilot, and still have most of these devices in working order: two Palm V, TX, Treo 650, 700p, and two Centro.  In addition, I was one of the early adopters of the original Palm Pre on Sprint more than two years ago.

My Palm Pre is still in daily use as my primary phone.  I have been enjoying it and telling my family and friends how great a device it is.

However, it is showing some wear and tear, so before this device dies, I am hoping to see a new top-of-the-line WebOS device on Sprint, but rumor has it that HP is not convinced they need to continue to offer WebOS devices to those of us who have carried the banner the longest.

Please, if there is anything that HP can do to get a new WebOS smartphone accepted for use on Sprint plans (subsidized or not!), many of us need new devices, and are waiting.

I look forward to receiving from you.

Regards,

Franky

Journeyman

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

Thanks for the info. Just sent Mr. Apotheker ann email stating what most of have in this thread. Wish I could send him the whole thread. As long time and very loyal palm users, we do not deserve to be ignored because we are on the sprint network where webos began. I hope if enough people email and let HP know how we feel then maybe we can get a webos device on the sprint network. My loyalty for now continues as I have purchased the Touchpad with hopes of having a new webos smartphone on sprint network to go along with it.

We'll see.

Journeyman

Palm/HP Pre 3 and Veer

Thomas,

Finally I can see the evidence that Pre users get that they should get on HP's case more than Sprint beause they ultimately decide who they want market their products to! Sprint could only hope that they have the power and influence that HP has. Now we could only hope that HP will use that power and influence to support existing Pre users as well as future users.

Highlighted
Wizard

RONBOY52 wrote:

Thomas,

Finally I can see the evidence that Pre users get that they should get on HP's case more than Sprint beause they ultimately decide who they want market their products to! Sprint could only hope that they have the power and influence that HP has. Now we could only hope that HP will use that power and influence to support existing Pre users as well as future users.

Ron, the only problem with that is that only Sprint, rather than HP, has a vested interest in getting WebOS devices on Sprint's network.

Why do I say that? The folks who will buy WebOS smartphones no matter the network will buy them anyway, even if they are not carried by Sprint.

That means for those folks, HP still sells that phone, which makes HP happy.

The only Ioser there is Sprint.

The other group of potential buyers, currently on Sprint (in ever reduced numers as their WebOS smartphones die) are not "wed" to WebOS as strongly, and are hit-or-miss: They may move to get a specific smartphone or they may go to another type of smartphone.

Either way, HP is the net winner even if they don't work their butts off making a special edition of a WebOS smartphone just for Sprint: The money saved by not making Sprint Special software and hardware (especially if 4G is involved) will probably more than offset the lost revenue of not having a WebOS smartphone on Sprint. The development, production, inventory, distribution and training costs are fierce for a low volume custom designed product, which a Sprint 4G Pre would be.

So I keep pushing Sprint to push HP as Sprint stands to be the only corporate level Ioser here... (And besides, it is Sprint's job to support their customers - none of the Sprint Palm Pre users are actually HP's customers we are Sprint, we were Palm, we might be HP, but until we are HP's customers they really don't have a horse in the race.)

All in all, I'm hoping that Sprint can push HP hard enough to get a new top level WebOS smartphone on Sprint plans.

NOTE: I cannot believe the forum software blocked my use of the word " L O S E R " in the instances above. That is taking the censorbot way over any possibly reasonable line. Admins - can we get this ridiculous example of word blocking fixed?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat