cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Palm Pixie

Highlighted
Journeyman

Palm Pixie

Sprint is coming out with Palm Pixie, a Palm Pro look alike with new Palm OS.  I hope Sprint doesn't mess it up by requiring everything plan.  right now, I have everything messaging plan with total of 4 lines.  Also, all of these four lines get unlimited data plan at no extra cost.  If I want to change my plan to everything plan, I have spend extra $50 a month.  Does anyone know Sprint is going to mess this phone (palm pixie) up by making people get everything plan?

Tags (3)
19 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Palm Pixie

Don't know about the plan, but that is one smooth looking phone...

http://www.engadget.com/2009/09/09/the-palm-pixi-is-official-headed-to-sprint-this-holiday-season/

Wizard

I am just curious; are you on individual plans or a family plan?

I think you will need data plan on the new Palm because of the use of cloud computing.

If you are on individual plans you may to check Everything Data Family (1600) and it will cost you $170 plus tax for all 4 lines

Marc

Journeyman

I have 1500 mints Everything Message Family.  I have total of four lines, costing: $120.00 total, which includes unlimited data for all four lines. Plus with this plan, I get corporate discount.

I have compared the Everything Data plan vs. my plan.  I found couple things that everything data plan gives me.

1. Music, I have my car, I listen to music through my car radio

2. GPS, I got GPS in my car and google GPS.

3. TV on cell phone:  I don't watch TV when I'm driving.

Besides that, I have everything I need.  If sprint does this with new phone, makes people by everything data plan, I am going to switch over to AT&T.  I know someone people will come back and tell me that it will cost me a lot to do that.  Well My other 3 lines do not need to have data plan.  Hence, pay for only one line.  If I get Iphone on one line and no other lines, it will cost me $140 a month plus I will get my corporate discount.  Still it will cost me less than $170 with sprint plus no corporate discount with sprint.

Wizard

If that is the case, you may want to check with customer service if it's possible to get a data add-on on 1 line. You need a data plan on a new Palm phone. Hope a cs rep is reading this and want to comment on it.

Send an email to customer care for more information.

Journeyman

ya, I hope Customer service is reading this.  I have sent e-mail to them many times and I have talk to them many times.  sometimes, I get help and most of the time, I get no answer.  It's like a dog chasing it's tail, eventually it will catch it, but most of the time, it will keep running in circle.

Wizard

Can you check your account online to see if the data add-on is there?

Journeyman

this is what it shows for all of my lines:

As Add-On to my lines,

Thanks,

Message was edited by: KC_1

Journeyman

Hi,

Has anyone heard any new info on whether or not they will make us switch to a simply everything plan?

I currently have a centro and want to get the Pixi, but if they make me switch I will not. I love my plan and I already have data. The simply everything would cost me a lot more money.

Thanks

Journeyman

Hello KC,

I am impressed with you plan.  I currently have three lines sharing 1500 minutes in an Everything Data Family plan, but I'm paying $160.  This includes all taxes, Sprint surcharges, $7 for insurance on one handset, and 19.99 for adding the third line.  I should also mention that they give us 10% off for being long-time customers.  I'm curious to know, do you think I'm paying too much?  Thanks for your time.