Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Palm Pre Battery life

Highlighted
Journeyman

Palm Pre Battery life

Hi all,

I recently traded in my pre for a non faulty one.. the lady also traded my battery saying my original battery was defected.. But I noticed that my battery life with this new battery is even worse!  Is it my new pre or is it the battery?? how long of a battery life do you guys usually get?

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have struggled with the battery since getting the phone just before Christmas.  The phone is great,it is just the battery life that makes it so irrating. My wifi is always off.  I take it off the charger about 7am and by 2pm it is out of juice.  I have to plug it in at work (if I remember) so I will have power when I leave work.  Of course, as you know if you let it run completely out, it takes a while before you can get it back on again.  I have a charger upstairs, downstairs, in the car, at work and one I carry with me, because it is always out of juice!!!!!   Therefore, I hate this phone!!!!!  Now, if they would fix this problem without all of us having to go buy expensive accessories that would be better.  I will ask Sprint what they will do for me.  I am a Preimer customer, if that will help any (probably not!!!).

Marci

Highlighted
Journeyman

In addition to some good advice others have given, there are a lot of websites like cnet that have very good articles about extending battery life. I found this one interesting as it had a special section on initializing and charging your battery:

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Your-Cell-Phone-Battery-Last-Longer

Here's the part about initializing and charging:

"New batteries should be fully charged before their first use to obtain maximum capacity. Nickel-based batteries should be charged for 16 hours initially and run through 2-4 full charge/full discharge cycles, while lithium ion batteries should be charged for about 5-6 hours. Ignore the phone telling you that the battery is full--this is normal but is not accurate if the battery is not initialized. #DO NOT fully discharge a lithium-ion battery! Unlike Ni-Cd batteries, lithium-ion batteries' life is shortened every time you fully discharge them. Instead, charge them when the battery meter shows one bar left. Lithium-ion batteries, like most rechargeable batteries have a set amount of chargers in them."

Hope this helps!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat