cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Palm Pre Get Very Hot.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Palm Pre Get Very Hot.

We went in the sprint store and bought 3 of those phone. Myself, wife and daughter. My phone worked just fine in the store. however my the other two had lots of trouble. the first two phone pulled in the store did not work at all, they could not even get them to link with the account.

Once we took the phone back to the house. when ever we used the phone for more than 10 minutes the back would get really hot. You couldn't even touch it. battery life was very bad would only last about 12 hours with little or no use.

Then my wife's phone started having other issues. Whenever she makes a call, the screen goes blank. the phone stops responding to anything we do, but the phone stays connect. the only to disconnect a call is to disconnect a battery.

After all this my wife got very frustrated when pack to the store and got a different model phone. However we where charged $35 because she wanted a different phone. a phone that would actually work and be reliable.

I would never recommend sprint or palm pre to anyone.

http://twitter.com/SprintDosntcare

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: Palm Pre Get Very Hot.

the phone turns to black when you place it against your face or cover it when making a phone call....i like the feature...that means not radiation from the light maybe...I don't know. but thats the function

Journeyman

That is a great feature however, only when it works. The proximity sensor alowes it to do that. Almost all touch phones have it.  And I'm pretty sure there is no such thing as radiation from the display light.

Journeyman

The Pre is a small computer, just like a laptop gets hot it will as well. I have seen all the issues you speak of and they are fairly mild annouances as smart phones go, but its not Sprint, it is a Palm issue. Some things to remember with it are:

Its a first generation device, just like the iphone had issues and short battery life etc, initially then apple, as Palm will, sort them out as they get feedback and they will prioritize accordingly.

The Pre will be the same no matter the carrier. All the issues you bring up should be addressed to Palm. They are valid.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat