Issue: There was an error impacting any Palm webOS devices which was associated with the turn of the New Year. The issue only occurs if the you performed any of the following after the New Year 011/01/2010 >(00:00:01):
• Any webOS software update to any webOS versions
• Any manual reset of the device (this can include a battery removal)
• Any power cycle or full power-down (whether performed by you or power cycle as a result of a system reboot)
Customer Impact: If you performed any of the above tasks after 01/01/2010 will be impacted to the EAS (Outlook) Calendar device application only.
Note: Your EAS Calendars will be missing all meeting makers on yourdevice only. (EAS Calendar meetings will not disappear on their computer Outlook EAS application.
1. Open the Calendar application and go to Calendar menu (upper left) and choose “Preferences & Accounts”. Scroll down to ACCOUNTS. Tap Exchange and tap “Remove Account” & tap “Remove Calendar Account” again.
2. Open the “Date & Time” preferences application and select the preference “Network Time” to Off
a. Set the date to December 31, 2009 – changing first the year and then the month and day.
b. Set the “Network Time Zone” to Off
3. Open the Calendar application and Add a New Account – input the information to re-estabilsh the EAS / Exchange account.
4. Open the “Date & Time” preferences application and select the preference “Network Time” to On
a. Set the Network Time Zone to On
b. Close the Date and Time application
5. Go back into the Calendar application – the customer should now see all of their meeting events.
A Maintenance Release is in the works and should be available in the next few days. We will post as soon as it is available.
webos 188.8.131.52 Available
This release fixes an issue in which the Calendar app displayed no events for any account after a user synchronized Calendar with an Exchange account. With this update, Calendar events now appear correctly after an Exchange sync.
Calendar Display Bug Fixed: Here's the link to the new version 184.108.40.206. - http://kb.palm.com/wps/portal/kb/na/pre/p100eww/sprint/solutions/article/50607_en.html
Release 220.127.116.11 fixes an issue in which the Calendar app displayed no events for any account after a user synchornized Calendar with an Exchange account. With this update, Calendar events now appear correctly after an Exchange sync.