Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Palm Pre Photos Overwritten when Camera App Restarts

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Palm Pre Photos Overwritten when Camera App Restarts

Since the update to webOS 1.3.1, my photos are being erased, more likely overwritten, each time I close and open the camera application. I'm assuming each time the app opens, the photos are just being saved in the same number sequence (001, 002, 003,...). This is a huge glitch since I have to upload each photo I take right away as it won't be there next time I take some photos. Considering some people take photos of loved ones around the holidays with their phone, this could cause a lot of people to be ticked off.

I've seen just one other post on Palm's site's forums and just a few at Precentral regarding this issue. Is this an issue for anyone else or am I just one of lucky few? Please post if you have had similar issues

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: Palm Pre Photos Overwritten when Camera App Restarts

Oh man!! I've had the same problem. Photos just keep disappearing. It's very frustrating since we have no control over the updates. Doesn't anyone test this stuff out before they update our phones?

Journeyman

Hi,

We've had the same problem with one of our Pre's... (We own two).  Any luck getting resolution out of Sprint on this?

Journeyman

No resolution as of yet. I tried to have a live conversation with whoever is on the other end of the live conversation, but apparently they were not equipped to assisst me. All I really wanted to know was if this has been a reported problem. No answers. I'll be calling today. I'm having other problems with the phone since they've updated it 3 or 4 times. It turns off without me turning it off. It's slow. I'll make phone calls and the phone act as though I have the same person on hold. Lots of things have gone wrong since the updates. I'll post what answers I get.

Journeyman

Hi All.  I just found the solution over on the Palm site.  This error was also affecting me as well until I saw the post this morning.  There is an app called "PhotoWall" which once installed, creates another folder in the DCIM folder for storing it's photos and this is what is causing the error.  Move whatever photos you have from the 999PALM folder into the 100PALM folder (which is the native photo folder on the Pre), then delete this crappy app off your Pre and your problems will be solved.

Journeyman

wow!!! so it was that stupid PHOTOWALL app that erased some really great pics in my phone??? how crappy is that!! i finally got my mom to play guitar hero with me and i took the pics and when i went back to then they were gone!! stupid photowall...thanks guys! problem solved!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat