cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Palm Pre Shuts off by itself

Journeyman

Palm Pre Shuts off by itself

If I put it in sleep mode or immediately after I hang up a call, it shuts off and I cannot get it to turn on unless I pop out the battery.  Is this related to the battery issue I have read about or is this totally different?  We just received it yesterday as a replacement for the Touch Pro and I'm ready to return it tomorrow for another Pre unless someone can assist in things I might try to remedy it.  I have updated it to 1.4 and I have done a hard reset twice.

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: Palm Pre Shuts off by itself

I can't be sure but this sounds like a hardware issue to me...if you are still under warranty try calling Palm Tech Support for help.

(877) 426-3777

Master

Journeyman

Thanks for the link.  That exactly what's happening with mine.  We tried swapping with a new battery yesterday, no luck.  Now I have a replacement Pre arriving on Monday.  So I guess my next question is...should I not upgrade to 1.4 on the next phone?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat