ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Palm Pre was Replacement,what should I do?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Palm Pre was Replacement,what should I do?

Recently, my TouchPro's keyboard decided it would stop working. I love that phone but I needed a working keyboard, when I called Sprint, they offered me a Palm Pre or BB (with $20 buy up) as a replacement because they didn't have any other TouchPro's. I told the lady as long as it does VPN and WiFi, I don't mind. Well, it does WiFi but the pre has NO VPN whatsoever. This issue, combined with Palm's recent troubles, lead me to believe that I have a phone that won't have an app store in a year or a working VPN solution any time soon. So I called Sprint, let them know this and the lady said "Since there is nothing wrong with your phone, I can't do anything for you" What should be my next step because I need to have VPN on the road.

Message was edited by: Kissler

Update: I just got off a 45 minute call with ATS and they said, after speaking with exchange, that I cannot swap it out for another device. All I wanted was my TouchPro back, and now I'm stuck with this sorry phone. What's worse is, I work in Montana and they told me to go to the nearest Sprint store, that's all the way in Spokane! That's a long way to drive for the store to "Make the decision on the swap." I'm baffled at this for 2 reasons. 1. I was told it would peform the same function that my original phone had performed and it doesn't. 2. I was told to incur cost to travel and get my phone serviced, at which point, there is no guarantee that it would be swapped since the decision is up to the store.

Message was edited by: Kissler

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: Palm Pre was Replacement,what should I do?

Please send me a PM with you account, contact information and a link to your post so I can engage the Care department and ask for their assistance.

Journeyman

Re: Palm Pre was Replacement,what should I do?

Is there a time frame on when I can expect a call, I work 8:30am to 4:30pm MT

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat