cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Palm Pre won over my iPhone friends easily.

Highlighted
Journeyman CWF
Journeyman

Palm Pre won over my iPhone friends easily.

My iPhone friends were really impressed with the Palm Pre today after putting it through its paces. The iPhones actually looked a bit old and bulky in comparison. The keyboard was acknowledged as superior to the iphone's screen keyboard. The speed of the Pre was amazing, at least, in our location. There was a lot speculation as to what Apple has planned in order to catch-up but it's pretty clear that being stuck with AT&T is a major problem.

Good job Palm and Sprint. You have a winner...now don't mess it up.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Patron

Re: Palm Pre won over my iPhone friends easily

No. The iphones' BROWSER is based on webkit. Not their OS! So Palms webOS has NOT been out for a while!!!! Palm and Apple have two totally different OS. Palm just did a great job on first try.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@CWF wrote:

My iPhone friends were really impressed with the Palm Pre today after putting it through its paces. The iPhones actually looked a bit old and bulky in comparison. The keyboard was acknowledged as superior to the iphone's screen keyboard. The speed of the Pre was amazing, at least, in our location. There was a lot speculation as to what Apple has planned in order to catch-up but it's pretty clear that being stuck with AT&T is a major problem.

I am intrigued by the new Palm OS. But it has been a long time since Palm had updated it's software. I do hope this puts Palm Back on "The map" . I hope they tested thoroughly and got out all the "bugs".. The iphone may have a challenge on their hands..

Journeyman

@KBear wrote:

@CWF wrote:

I am intrigued by the new Palm OS. But it has been a long time since Palm had updated it's software. I do hope this puts Palm Back on "The map" . I hope they tested thoroughly and got out all the "bugs".. The iphone may have a challenge on their hands..

@KBear wrote:

@CWF wrote:

The best part about the new Palm OS is, it isn't Palm OS! It's based on Webkit, which, while I don't know a whole lot about it, is the same technology the iPhone's OS is based on. In other words, it's been around a while, so it's pretty decently refined by this point, now Palm just has to make it shine, which I think they're doing a very good job of so far!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat