cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Palm Treo 755p

Highlighted
Journeyman

Palm Treo 755p

Is it me.. or did I just get a bad phone for the 3rd time.. in less than 1 year....I'm extremely disappointed in the phone and have yet to be able to use all the features as it continually shuts down. I am soooooo close to that Iphone..but now I'm going to wait for the new "Pre"

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: Palm Treo 755p

I too have had NOTHING BUT PROPBLEMS with this phone. It constantly drops calls. The internet browser locks up while loading pages and forces me to reset the phone to get it to work again. Sprint has sent me a replacement that worked for a short time, but keeps reverting back to the same problems. The one thing that really frustrates me is that the phone will reboot it's self nearly everyday for some inexplicable reason. This clears the address book and forces me to re-sync with my mac. When I called tech support they said to take it to a Sprint store, so I did and was told to take it to another store 20 miles from where I live. After waiting an hour to talk to the tech, they said that it needed to be handled by customer service. Now, I'm back to square one. My contract is not up for another year, but I'm seriously considering going to Verizon. At least I can get calls at home with them (have a business phone) without having to use the AirRave.

Journeyman

I've had my 755p for almost 2 years. I love it!

Did either of you upgrade from a previous Palm device? It's very important you do a proper upgrade when doing a hotsync. The problem is that many apps and preference settings on the old Palm devices are not compatible with the new Palm devices. You need to do a hard reset on the 755p, then go to your computer and find, then rename the Palm Backup folder (to something like Backup.bak). On your next hotsync, you'll get your PIM information, but none of the old apps. You'll need to find out if your old apps are compatible before reinstalling them.

Journeyman

I also have a 755p and have been very pleased with the device. A vast improvement over my 650 and a small improvement over the 700p which it replaced.

One thing to watch out for is the number and types of additional apps that you install. Some applications seem more prone to corrupting various databases leading to instability, crashing and general resets. Overall however, this device has been bullitproof and a real pleasure. The biggest downside now is that it's a little long in the tooth when you compare features to the new PRE and Windows smartphones. No gps, no wifi, the browser (blazer) is pretty weak. Granted, if you get the JVM and run opera mini it's a little better but still a far cry from the true browsing experience available on the PRE or iPhone.

If you have additional 3rd party apps installed my recomendation (while painful) is to do a hard reset and install apps one at a time and then see what happens. Try to wait as long as possible between installs and use the device as you normally would to see if you can isolate the issues to a particular application. If found, remove the application and proceed. Also, check for updates for newer versions of your existing software.

Journeyman

I TOTALLY agree!  Watch out for 'old' stuff getting put onto the 755p from previous Palm devices!

On the GPS note - I've been super happy using a BlueTooth GPS receiver and the TomTom Navigator software (my version is 5, so it's considered 'old') - DON'T use the TomTom 'branded' BT GPS receiver, it's junk compared to the SiRF Star III products!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat