Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Palm pre touch screen isnt exactly touch screen no more....Is yours?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Palm pre touch screen isnt exactly touch screen no more....Is yours?

Because when i touch it to do anything at all it dont work. I have to manually slide it open to answer calls, and that is about all i can do (also dial numbers) on this phone. I am extremely aggravated....im paying for services that i cant use.....Has anyone else gone thru this? Me and my wife bought 2 pre's when they came out, and i honestly have replaced the same phone 4 times!!!!! And your wondering why rite? Other than what im going thru currently, i love this phones capabilities. So the current pre i have is about 4 months old, and like i said the only way i can get the screen up is by sliding it open. It does not acknowledge the touch of my finger. Only the keyboard works. I know that i mite have to go to a service location, but im trying to see what other peoples experiences were and how they dealt with them. Thanks everyone to any info. Also every phone i have gotten, (pre) is because i broke it somehow or dropped it in a toilet while drunk urinating etc....so i always reported lost and paid the 100$ to get a refurb, actually it used to be 50$ but im also wondering is there any certain ways to confront the sprint/repair people? i have to be honest by saying i have dropped this phone a few times, and i know that sometimes its better to know what to say in advance without disqualifying myself.....appreciate the help!

Message was edited by: hottsteppa

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Palm pre touch screen isnt exactly touch screen no more....Is yours?

Well its been a few weeks since our palm pre-situations...me and my wife had them.....and when i first posted both of our pre touch screen did not work...at all....we literally only could use the keyboard....limiting our options to only use texting and talking....no email no music, youtube etc....fakebook....all of it!!!!!!!!!!!! So i submitted multiple emails to customer service...and what was theyre only solution???????? They wanted to adress the issue by forcing us to upgrade to new phones and new contract!!! hahahaha!!!!!!!! are you fukin kidding me?? i dont want no fukin upgrade! i want the phone i have to work!.....so long story short, i was able to get one (1) replacement palm pre from them, and my wifes pho ne was so beat up we had to upgrade her to a b.b curve 8530....so all in all it coulda been worse....im still kinda pissed though...SPRINTS ONLY ANSWER TO A PROBLEM IS "WELL SIR WE CAN OFFER YOU AN UPGRADE WITH A NEW 2 YEAR FUKIN CONTRACT"..............

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat