cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Palm webOS 1.4 Update

Journeyman

Palm webOS 1.4 Update

Here's the new official post http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/152115

Get even more out of your Palm Pre and Pixi, Palm webOS 1.4 update is on the horizon.

I wanted to let everyone know that we’re planning to have an update to your Palm Pre and Palm Pixi later this quarter. We’ll be updating to Palm webOS 1.4. A few of the key updates include:

·     Video Capture functionality with editing capability

·     Adobe Flash Player 10 (Palm Pre only)

·     Full Phonebook transfer capabilities

·     Calendar Enhancements

·     Messaging Enhancements

These are just a few of the high-lights with much more detail to come. I’m sure there will be a lot of questions around timing and details of the update and I won’t be able to share any more than what is listed above but we wanted to let our Community know it was coming.

2/26 Update: The update is expected to push late Friday evening.  An official Sprint post will be generated very soon to discuss the new update.

Message was edited by: izzyks

30 REPLIES 30
Highlighted
Master

Re: Palm webOS 1.4 Update

Palm announced earlier this month that we will be getting this update in Feb.

Highlighted
Journeyman

While I like the part "these are just a few of the highlights," I'm concerned about the part "later this quarter." If it's going to be later than February, I hope that Palm or Sprint will let us know for sure.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi Levi4u – Thanks for posting. It’s important to remember that the date our manufacturers list as the release date for an update doesn’t necessarily mean that’s the date you will actually get the update.  We have a certification process that has to be completed first. As soon as we get the update we’ll make that happen as quickly as possible.

Highlighted
Journeyman

tooner wrote:

Hi Levi4u – Thanks for posting. It’s important to remember that the date our manufacturers list as the release date for an update doesn’t necessarily mean that’s the date you will actually get the update. We have a certification process that has to be completed first. As soon as we get the update we’ll make that happen as quickly as possible.

Just a heads-up then. There are many, many Pre/Pixi customers who are very anxiously awaiting the release of 1.4 for its performance improvements and video recording. If the release is going to be delayed beyond February by Sprint's certification process, then I suggest letting folks now much sooner rather than later. There will be a real firestorm if the update goes a day beyond Feb. 28.

Highlighted
Master

@tooner, Are you stating you haven't received it from palm or begun testing? I'm sure palm wouldn't have announced a date if they weren't sure it would be ready by Feb. They announced it at the CES the begaining of this month. Besides If I remember correctly we get our upgrades from palm not sprint, We got the last few well before anyone a sprint even knew they were live.

Highlighted
Journeyman

watch out tooner....Levi's the man!!

i want my video recorder!

Highlighted
Journeyman

He’s one of the best, has been for a long time. Sorry for the delay.  What I’m trying to put together is a list of FAQs about how our update process works. What our manufacturers do vs. what we do.  Probably not something I’m going to be able to turn around that quick but I think it would be beneficial for folks to better understand the hand-offs and the work that takes place to validate an update before we launch it. As I hope you all know, we do this so that the updates are as flawless as possible. More to come in the near future….

Highlighted
Journeyman

Has anyoe found out when yet? I can't wait!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hoping to hear something soon!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

If 1.4 doesn't come out in February there will be allot of unhappy customers with Palm and thats NOT only sprint, because it has been anounced at ces that 1.4 would be available for everybody US/Europe/Etc in February.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Here is some proof that you are WRONG my sir. Its coming on the 15th. A sprint technician just posted this on PreCentral.com

pre1215.jpeg

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat