Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone died!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Phone died!

My PPre went from working to non-working without any indication of trouble. Tried charging it, just in case its battery was depleted, but no dice...

Born on the 6th, pased away on the 11th. Briefest lasting phone I have ever had!

Bummer

M

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: Phone died!

Try removing and reseating the battery.

Also try leaving it plugged into the travel charger for at least 30 minutes.

Let us know if either of those steps help.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Highlighted
Journeyman

How doI go about removing the PP's battery? I understand there's is a tab on one end that needs to be pushed. Is it the black one at its bottom? I tried it, but no dice. I'm afraid I'm going to break the PP if I push it more than I did..

BTW, Thanks!

M

Highlighted
Journeyman

the pre battery removal is not a fun experience, but this is my method:

push the small button on the very bottom of the phone, and the backing should pop up just a little bit. now this is the tricky part, and it does feel like you could break the phone, but if you have a good sized fingernail (or a dime) just slowly slide your nail around the edge of the phone toward the top on both sides (not necessarily at the same time) and make sure the bottom doesn't clasp shut. once you get about half way up, you should have the battery back popped off and can just pull the small tab to remove the battery itself.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was on my way to the Sprint Store, when I repeated the attempt to open the phone. Something happened, probably the battery was loose, because the screen came on showing a low charge. Obviously it was not making contact yesterday, because 2 hours of both home and car charging did not fix the problem.

I'm charging it again right now. Let's see if it stays "fixed"...

Thanks to all who contributed.

Best

Manuel Luis

Highlighted
Journeyman

Is your Pre still working?  Mine died today without warning.  I have loved it so far.  Do you charge with the Touchstone?

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat