cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plans: Everything Plus / SERO clarifications

Sprint Product Ambassador

Plans: Everything Plus / SERO clarifications

Q. What about new activations under the Everything Plus Referral Program?

A. New activations under the Everything Plus Referral Program are considered consumer customer accounts. However, since sales for this program are supported via sprint.com and telesales, availability will be delayed briefly to correspond with the delayed launch of Pre on sprint.com and in telesales.

Q. What about upgrades for existing Everything Plus customers?

A. Everything Plus customers will be able to upgrade to Pre in Sprint-owned Retail Stores at time of launch. They also will be able to upgrade via Telesales and sprint.com/everythingplus once Pre launches in those channels.

Q. What about existing SERO (the old employee referral program and legacy rate plans) customers?

A. SERO customers will be able to purchase Palm Pre; however, they will not be able to activate on their existing SERO plan. SERO plans are not supported, and the customer will need to upgrade to an eligible plan, such as one of the new Everything Plus individual or family plans. Once they upgrade from their SERO plan, they will be unable to switch back to a SERO plan. Upgrades for SERO customers can be transacted in Retail at time of launch and in Telesales once Pre launches in that channel.

Please note - this is straight from the War Room and Sprint; not all retail stores may be up to speed on this. We've had at least one customer have issues at the retail store with this.  May not hurt to call into Care while you're waiting in line to swap your plan to a Everything Data.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
19 REPLIES 19
Patron

Re: Plans: Everything Plus / SERO clarifications

@wengla02 wrote:

Q. What about upgrades for existing Everything Plus customers?

A. Everything Plus customers will be able to upgrade to Pre in Sprint-owned Retail Stores at time of launch. They also will be able to upgrade via Telesales and sprint.com/everythingplus once Pre launches in those channels.

I am not eligiable for upgrade discount till July 1st, but my question is, will I get the same pricing as a new customer? Walk out of store for $299 with the $100 mail-in rebate? My friend just bought the phone with the upgrade at a Sprint store in the Bronx, and he was charged $399 an has the mail-in rebate to bring it to $299... He is a premier customer as am I.

Thanks in advance for any answer you can provide.

Journeyman

Last year when Sprint did this with the Instinct, I read about several people trying to activate the phone on their SERO plan, even thought they knew what Sprint's policy was. Most were unsucessful, but those that were actually able to do it (via a rep that didn't know the policy) were surprised when their bill showed up and there was no SERO plan to be found. It was automatically flagged in Sprint's system and changed to an SEP. And of course, their SERO plan was gone forever.

Just a head's up for you guys thinking you can get around this. You can't.

Journeyman

Just slightly confused...what exactly on the SERO plan vs everything data is not compatible? I have the SERO and I even have phone as modem. It has everything an Everything Data plan would. Can we not just say, we would like to get you off an inexpensive plan and when you get the Palm Pre, you have to pay more? This would make more sense and since I don't work for Sprint anymore, as a customer, I wouldn't feel so duped. If I switched to the Palm Pre, got the plan you requested, I may as well go to AT&T and get the iPhone and pay for their plans. Makes sense to me and just my $.02.

Journeyman

He should have only been charged $299 plus the MIR if he is eligible for the full discount.

Be careful about going to a non-corporate Sprint store. They may jack up the price, like Best Buy does with the retail price of the Pre.

Last year when I got my Instinct the first store I tried to buy it from had it priced at $550 instead of $450. I guess non-corporate stores don't HAVE to use the same pricing, though most do.

Journeyman

<blockquote><hr>Mogul1974 wrote:<br>Just slightly confused...what exactly on the SERO plan vs everything data is not compatible?<hr></blockquote><p></p><p>The only thing not compatible is the price Smiley Wink</p><p></p><p>Obviously Sprint is trying to kill off those extremely discounted plans.</p>

Patron

I told my friend to go back to the store... He had the full $150 discount for upgrade, he also signed a new 2 year contract... I hope he gets his $$ back.

Patron

My friend was able to get the $100 back he was overcharged. No problem at all. The store was very apologetic, but I wonder how many people who don't have friends that have done nothing but read about the pre for a couple of months, got nailed by paying $100 more.

Journeyman

This is true and they know it. Its just sad that they are unable to tell the truth. I've seen plenty of accounts of with the Instinct and the SERO plan, I mean, I can't even remember the count, but definitely in the hundreds. If I have to pay more for a plan that is compatible just as the SERO plan and Sprint can't say, yes, the reason is because we want you to get off the cheap plan, then iPhone here I come! I just want the honesty, not the crap version but they can afford to lose me as a customer, I only pay $30 for a plan.

Journeyman

I really wouldn't expect Sprint to come right out and announce they are trying to kill off the SERO plans. I do understand why they are doing it though.

I've never had that plan, but if I did and I had to upgrade to an SEP on the purchase of a new phone I can't imagine I would be so upset with Sprint that I would feel like leaving. There are plenty of valid reasons for leaving Sprint, being forced out of a "too good to be true" plan to get the latest hardware isn't one of them, IMO.

Journeyman

Ha yes Sprint is going to lose big time on this requirement. Apparently they did not read marketing 101 and are deciding to focus on only new customers rather than their current ones.

Journeyman

Ha ha, no Sprint won't lose on this, because the people that are griping about having to give up their SERO plan will not leave. As mad as they get at Sprint, it won't change the fact that they will not get the same plan at AT&amp;T, Verizon or Tmobile. They may be upset for not being able to switch to a Pre and keep the plan, but no one will be leaving because of it. They will either buy the Pre with one of the SEPs, or they will stick with another phone they can keep their plan with.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat