Been using it great since Saturday. Tonight used it, put in holster, pulled it back out .... and nothing. Did not come on when slid open, would not power cycle. Phone is dead. Plugged it into charger, and did not even register that phone was charging.
Give it a half an hour on the charger or so - sometimes when the battery is very dead, it takes a while before it'll display that it's charging.
If Wills suggestion doesn't work,I would pop the back cover and reseat the battery to make sure all the connectors are making contact. Mine looked Doa on arrival at the store at the time of purchase, and this took care of it. Its worked great ever since. Hope this helps.
I had the same problem. Brand new phone, out of the box had some juice so I set it up and used it a little. Plugged it in to charge and the screen turned to the battery with a low red reading. Charged it over night, in the morning the screen looked the same. Unplugged the charger. Screen still glowed with the red battery. An hour later no change, screen did not sleep. Wouldn't power on. Checked this forum, so then figured out how to pry off the back without breaking it, then remove and re-sit the battery. Pushed power on and it started, though it took a good two minutes plus to start up.
Not looking forward to having to do that every time I charge this device.
My battery died completely today.after getting back from office I put it on touch stone and I saw a low battery sign. It didn't charge enough in 5min to even turn itself on. So I charged it directly instead of using touch stone. Few min later phone was able to boot.
I guess the battery was completely drained out.
Hopefully it won't happen with me. =)
Just curious if keeping thePre on the charger most of the time is a bad thing. I use Phone Labs Dock-N-Talk, and have for years (works fantastic), so my Pre only leaves the charger when I leave my home (my office is in my home).
Is the TouchStone charger a smart charger in that it will stop charging when the battery is fully charged? Is there any reason to not keep it parked on the charger?
To my knowledge, the Pre has "smart charging" circuitry built in. I can verify this inasmuch as I have had my Pre on the Touchstone for hours since it's topped off, and it's not even remotely warm... if it were attempting to overcharge, it'd be very hot by now
My verdict, from my personal experience with my Pre, is to keep it charging, whenever possible, as long as possible. When I go to work, I put it on my car charger while I'm driving. On my way home, it's back on the car charger. Once I get home, it retires to the Touchstone for the rest of the night, unless I'm using it (and sometimes I just use it right on the Touchstone).
I dropped mine in a half a cup of beer...and it finished it!
Somehow after a quick dismantlement and hair drying it came through unscathed if not a little woozy.
Same here. Will not come on, will not charge. Just dead. Only two weeks old and it has died already. Headed to Sprint today to see what they have to say. I suspect this will be a systemic problem for Palm.
Thanks Jay for the advice on my palm pre. It went dead about 11:30 pm and went to charge it and the battery popped on with the red bottom and lightening bolt. I tried to turnit on & nothing. I popped the back off and removed the battery for 10 seconds and put it back on and my phone turned on. I plugged the battery up and it started to charge. The only thing is that my phone turns really hot while its charging and its not hot where the battery is its on the back under the battery. If I can get some help with that I'll be grateful.