cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre Plus ever on Sprint?

Journeyman

Pre Plus ever on Sprint?

Any chance the Pre Plus will ever be available w/ Sprint?  Or is there maybe some exclusivity agreement with Verizon on that phone?  I want a Pre, but 8G of unexpandable memory (especially with webOS 1.4's video recording capability) doesn't really cut the mustard..  and I like some of the other additions/changes with the Plus model.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Pre Plus ever on Sprint?

I think you will see a brand new device on Sprint (Palm C40) in the coming months. I doubt their will be a need to put the Pre Plus in Sprint's inventory.

Here is a good article about New webOS Based Hardware Coming This Year?

http://www.precentral.net/new-webos-based-harware-under-development?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium...

Highlighted
Journeyman

I wonder the same thing about the pixi plus, i would rather have a pixi because i hate the slide out keyboard but i cant give up my pre for a pixi on sprint because it doesnt have wi-fi. If the pixi plus comes then i will switch for sure.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I certainly hope so. Regardless of what Wall street says, WebOS is my favorite OS. I could care less about the # of apps. I want a phone that is intuitive and works quickly and well when I need it to. The next nice WebOS phone that is available I will carry.

Highlighted
Journeyman

So, it seems that AT&T is getting the Plus devices, as well as overseas carriers.  Why are we still stuck with the original less-capable models at Sprint??

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint and Palm may be announcing a 4G device at CTIA in a few weeks according to this article...

Analysts say all sorts of different things about Palm, and when we’re hearing something wild from just one of them we tend to discount it. But when multiple analysts and supposed insiders are chattering about something we have to sit up and take notice, even if we’re still not completely buying it. The latest Palm rumor falls into that camp: Palm is developing a WiMAX (4G) device for Sprint and could be unveiled as early as this month at CTIA.

We’re not entirely sure what to make of this. There is always the almost mythical Palm C40 floating around in Sprint’s inventory systems, but we haven’t heard anything other than rampant speculation about what Palm’s next products might be.

As for all the talk about how a WiMAX phone will save Palm... That, like the existence of the phone itself, might be wishful thinking. Like it or not, WiMAX still has a relatively small footprint and Sprint is still a network with half as many subscribers as competitors Verizon and AT&T. A WiMAX Palm phone would be undeniably awesome, but it would also mainly be compelling to a small subset of users on a small network

http://www.precentral.net/rumor-palm-working-wimax-device-sprint#comments

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah, I know about the rumors..  But that'll be quite a ways off both in terms of getting the actual device out there, and getting the 4G infrastructure wide-spread enough to support it.

In the meantime, it would be nice if we all had an even playing field (hardware-wise) for the WebOS platform.  I absolutely cannot stand exclusivity deals (if THAT'S what's at play here) with the different providers.

Anyway, I have two days to decide if I'll trade in my Pixi (nice form factor and solid build, but pretty week in almost every other way) on a Pre or an android device.  If there was a Pre Plus available to Sprint users, I'd hop on that in an instant.  I like the completely smooth gesture area, the 16GB of memory, better keyboard, slider, and std. touchstone back.

Or, I love WebOS so much, I guess I could look into moving over to Verizon..  but I've not been dissatisfied with Sprint service overall.  So, I dunno.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My guess is Palm will have something new on Sprint this summer. I just pray that it has a compass.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat