cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre Spell Check....

Journeyman

Pre Spell Check....

Am I missing something or is there no spell check for texts or emails on the Pre? If not are there any plans or has anyone heard anything about spell check coming soon?

7 REPLIES 7
Master

Re: Pre Spell Check....

I noticed while composing an email it DID correct a couple of misspelled words, So I purposely misspelled some more and it DIDN'T catch them. So It does have some sort of spell check but it doesn't catch all of them

Journeyman

Wow, mine has not caught ANY misspelled words so far.

Journeyman

What I've read is that the dictionary for the Pre is VERY small compared to most smart phones. No word on if it will be expanded in the future.

Journeyman

<font size="3" face="Times New Roman" color="#999999">and there is no way to turn if off, add to it or edit it. Smiley Sad</font>

Highlighted
Journeyman

From the people that managed to have alook inside the library of corrected words only seems to be about 2,400+ words or so and some of them seems like rather uncommon misspellings that seemed more like gross mispellings that of the typo/clumsy thumb variation. From the hard code side, the library doesnt seem that difficult to add to, soI would imagine and updated being easy. Though theres no way to do it from the interface side as of yet and adding suggestion/autocomplete featuresseems like it would be a little more difficult but still probably pretty easy. The potential is there. In fact the potential is there for pre to be an absolute beast. As with other things,I think its going to require a lotof patience on our part.

Journeyman

<blockquote><hr>J_Undisputed wrote:<br>From the people that managed to have alook inside the library of corrected words only seems to be about 2,400+ words or so and some of them seems like rather uncommon misspellings that seemed more like gross mispellings that of the typo/clumsy thumb variation. From the hard code side, the library doesnt seem that difficult to add to, soI would imagine and updated being easy. Though theres no way to do it from the interface side as of yet and adding suggestion/autocomplete featuresseems like it would be a little more difficult but still probably pretty easy. The potential is there. In fact the potential is there for pre to be an absolute beast. As with other things,I think its going to require a lotof patience on our part.<hr></blockquote><p></p><p>Yeah, the folks that got their hands on the recovery kit (and Pre's ROM) cracked it open and found the list. I'd almost be willing to bet money that sooner or later some homebrew folks will have a dictionary editor app out Smiley Very Happy</p>

Journeyman

so how exactly do you get into the palm , I got the contra code , what next ?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat