cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre Volume Button Stuck: How much does it cost to repair?

Journeyman

Pre Volume Button Stuck: How much does it cost to repair?

Hi,

My Pre's Volume button is stuck and is preventing normal operation of the phone. Since the phone is not even a year old (September 2009), is it still covered by warranty?

Thanks,

MD

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Pre Volume Button Stuck: How much does it cost to repair?

Hey, since your phone is less than a year old it should be under warranty.  All you need to do is take it to your local Sprint store and they will most likely just swap the phone out for a refurbished one.  Apparently Sprint is no longer doing repairs in house (too expensive?).  Anyways it usually takes a day or two to get your replacement.

Journeyman

I work at a corporate sprint repair center and Sprint will ALWAYS continue to do repairs if it is a repair location.  You might look into why your store is not doing that. The button should be fixed under your warranty or TEP for free.  Outside of warranty it cost $99 to get it fixed (or replaced if the button cannot be fixed).

Journeyman

Thanks for the replies! After waiting a few days, the button returned to normal. The weather was unusually hot and humid here in New York City and I think sweat worked it's way into the button thus intermittently closing the circuit. Hopefully, this does not cause any corrosion within the circuit.

Thanks again for your answers. If something else goes wrong before September, I will know how to proceed.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat