cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre or Pixi? Or wait?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Pre or Pixi? Or wait?

I am trying to decide between the Pre and the Pixi. I am leaning toward the Pixi, but so far everyone is telling me to get a Pre. What appeals to me about the Pixi is that it isn't thick and bulky and it has a full QWERTY keyboard. I'm not sure how well I'd do with the touch keyboard. One thing that people tell me is that you can accidentally call someone with the Pixi when it's up against your face (when you're using it). Is there a keyboard lock or anything that can prevent that?

So, Pre or Pixi? Or is something better on the horizon? This will be my first foray into smartphones.

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Journeyman

Pixi Pixi, okay Palm upgraded everything. Pixi can now be used as a video too! And now my blueant connects very easy, don't let me tell you the problems I encountered or I will be writting a story. But I agree with Pre guy, no expansion slot. 8 GB is great, but I tend to keep my phones at least two years or more. So this business man can see 8GB going within a year. Pixi is easy to carry, got my calendar at a single touch. Unfortunately you CANNOT buy any ringers since pixi doesn't allow any added ringers. And their ringers are not a good choice. I think this phone was made for women (no offense ladies) because the ringers are....kind of for girls. Too bad since compalining about me not able to get new ringers, sprint offered me a free ringer. But guess what...Pixi doesn't allow any downloaded ringers.....catch 22.

Good Luck, at least the upgrade helped alot

Highlighted
Master

@leewardsoccer,

Quote; Unfortunately you CANNOT buy any ringers since pixi doesn't allow any added ringers. And their ringers are not a good choice.

Incorrect, You can add your own ringers, Here is the link that tells where to find 100,000 or so ringtones and how to download them to you Pre or Pixi:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pre-tips-information-resources/185858-get-free-ringtones-make-ring...

It also shows how to convert your songs into ringtones.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat