cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre problems,Bluetooth/Beam and Contact Assistance

Highlighted
Journeyman

Pre problems,Bluetooth/Beam and Contact Assistance

Overall I like this phone a lot but there are some things that I can not figure out perhaps I just am using it incorrectly. If someone could address the following:

1. My friend tried to send me a picture via bluetooth and it said unable to send on her palm 755. Is this a capability on the pre? The bluetooth is on and discoverable. Can the pre send/recieve images or contacts via bluetooth?

2. Does the pre have the ability to send/recieve beams?

3. Previously in my Treo 800 I had two Jonathan's in my contact history..one my nephew and the other a business contact and the Pre has linked these two contacts together. I realize that I need to add last names moving forward but i am unsure how many contacts that my Pre has linked together. I have had many Treo's and Pocket Pc's in the past and this was never an issue until now. How do I unlink these two contacts it does not give me the option to unlink as it thinks they are the same contact.

3b. Before the Pre links contacts together it should prompt you to accept or deny the linking.

4. My pre drops a lot of calls due to poor signal strength and Sprint says my area is well covered. I live in LA and this should not be an issue...(I have all windows closed and I am dropping calls left and right)

5. We should be able to type the person's name into the phone dialpad to initiate a call.

6. Why can we not send a text message from the Contact Application. I have tried many times and I can only initiate a call.

7. I am completely aggravated that the phone is not functional during syncing. This needs to be fixed.

This is all I can think of at this minute.

Responses are greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Pre problems,Bluetooth/Beam and Contact Assistance

@lightnaugust wrote:

3. Previously in my Treo 800 I had two Jonathan's in my contact history..one my nephew and the other a business contact and the Pre has linked these two contacts together. I realize that I need to add last names moving forward but i am unsure how many contacts that my Pre has linked together. I have had many Treo's and Pocket Pc's in the past and this was never an issue until now. How do I unlink these two contacts it does not give me the option to unlink as it thinks they are the same contact.

5. We should be able to type the person's name into the phone dialpad to initiate a call.

6. Why can we not send a text message from the Contact Application. I have tried many times and I can only initiate a call.

3. Go into contacts, and go to the contacts that are linked. click on the name. That will expand to show all of the sources that are linked together. Click on the name you want to unlink, and you'll get a dialog that allows you to unlink.

5. You can. Just open up the phone and start typing.

6. You can. There is a button next to the phone number that says SMS. That's what you push to send that person a text.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks...I am going to have to do a lot of deletions...for some reason a lot of my contacts have created up to 8 profiles.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Do you happen to have solutions for my other inquiries?

Highlighted

@lightnaugust wrote:

Overall I like this phone a lot but there are some things that I can not figure out perhaps I just am using it incorrectly. If someone could address the following:

1. My friend tried to send me a picture via bluetooth and it said unable to send on her palm 755. Is this a capability on the pre? The bluetooth is on and discoverable. Can the pre send/recieve images or contacts via bluetooth?

2. Does the pre have the ability to send/recieve beams?

3b. Before the Pre links contacts together it should prompt you to accept or deny the linking.

4. My pre drops a lot of calls due to poor signal strength and Sprint says my area is well covered. I live in LA and this should not be an issue...(I have all windows closed and I am dropping calls left and right)

7. I am completely aggravated that the phone is not functional during syncing. This needs to be fixed.

This is all I can think of at this minute.

Responses are greatly appreciated.

1. No, there is no capability (yet?) for the Pre to use Bluetooth in this way. It might happen on another update, but for now, your SOL.

2. Absolutely not.

3. You already have a response.

3b. See #3 above.

4. That's not unique to the Pre per se. Remember, even in the most ideal conditions, there is no guarantee that your phone will work no matter how great the signal coverage being claimed is. What I would suggest is this:

First, compare the Pre's ability to hold a signal / phone call to another Sprint phone that you are using AT THE SAME TIME. If both phones have issues, then you know it's the network and not the Pre. Second, check and see if the Pre drops more often than the other Sprint CDMA handset. If the Pre ends up being a problem, well...then you have some decisions to make.

5. See #3 above.

6. See #3 above.

7. This is a known problem. Supposedly a fix was implimented with the recent software upgrade. If that hasn't fixed it...well...again, you have some decisions to make (i.e., should I keep the phone, or return it for a different one).

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat