Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with sending picture messages with my Centro aka my journey through Sprint customer service hell

Go to solution
Journeyman

Problem with sending picture messages with my Centro aka my journey through Sprint customer service hell

Since the 1st of May I have not been able to send picture messages through my Centro.  Before I checked this board, I mistakenly called Sprint customer service to find out what the problem was.  Here is a detailed description of my wonderful encounters:

FIRST CALL:  I talked to someone in tech support and they could not fix the problem.  The call went for about 20 minutes and the tech finally decided to write up a support ticket.  As of today I have not heard back from anyone about the status of this "support ticket". I went online to check my bill and for some reason the tech added a $10 a month premium data charge to my bill.  I have had my Centro for 4 years and never changed my service so I have no idea why he would do this.  It is my understanding the charge is added if you change your phone or service plan -- I did neither.

SECOND CALL:  Again this was another 20 minute call.  The new tech guy looked at my account and also wondered why the first tech added the $10 a month charge.  He could not fix it so I had to wait on hold for 10 minutes till he could find a manager to take it off. Again, he also could not answer why I cannot send picture messages like the first guy.

FIRST E-MAIL:  So I decided to e-mail customer service since I did not want to wait for another 20 minutes on hold.  In the e-mail I wrote about my problem.  About 24 hours later I got this response:

Thank you for contacting Sprint regarding the Picture mail.

It has been identified that the ability to send Picture Mail Messages

from some phones has been impacted due to the Online Storage

decommission. Sprint is diligently working to resolve this issue

SECOND E-MAIL:  I wrote back and said that since picture mail is broken and it is not my fault, I should get a discount on my monthly plan till it is fixed.  The customer service person e-mailed me back and said I was out of luck because they don't discount bills for any reason.  I wrote back saying that it is not fair that I should pay the full price of service, but not get everything my plan includes.  After that e-mail I did not hear anything back from Sprint.

THIRD CALL:  I was sick of this BS so I called Sprint to find out how much it would cost to break my contract.  I spoke with a "Patricia Smith" in customer service.  She said that she did not see any service problems with the Palm phones so it must be a problem with my phone.  I told her about the e-mail conversation I had and I forwarded her the above e-mail that says it is a Sprint problem, not a phone problem. She then sent me to her supervisor "Joseph Hall".  For some reason Mr. Hall would not listen to me and kept on saying it was a problem with my phone.  I asked for his e-mail to also send him the conversation I had with customer service and he refused to give it.  He finally gave me his e-mail and I sent him what I sent Patricia Smith.

THIRD E-MAIL:  I wrote Patricia to see if she got my e-mail and to see where we were at on things.  I got this response:

I forward this email to Joe and he stated you sent the email to him. Please allow our local sprint technicians to troubleshoot your equip, I have located a service and repair center near your billing address

I wrote he back and said that she must have not read my e-mail conversation with customer service because it clearly says:

It has been identified that the ability to send Picture Mail Messages

from some phones has been impacted due to the Online Storage

decommission. Sprint is diligently working to resolve this issue.

and that my phone is not the problem so why would I take it to a service center to get it repaired.  After that I never heard back from Patricia or Joseph.

MORAL OF THE STORY:  I guess Sprint has no communication between departments.  For some reason why I e-mailed customer service they knew about the Palm problem, but when I called Patricia and Joe they did not know about it and said my phone was broke.  Even after sending them the e-mails I got from Sprint detailing the problem they STILL told me to go get my phone fixed.  I have been a Sprint customer for over 5 years so I just don't get the disrespect and lack of customer service these people have.  As of now I still can't send picture messages and I am looking for a new carrier since it will only cost me $50 to break my contract.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Master

Here is an updated thread on this issue  http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/421061#421061

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Why would it cost you anything to leave Sprint? They've materially changed the service for which you've been paying. Isn't that a breach of their contract with you?

Journeyman

Sprint says that since I can still e-mail pictures that corrects the problem.  I can use the Centro e-mail program to mail pictures, I just can't send them as text messages.

Master

Here is an updated thread on this issue  http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/421061#421061

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

View solution in original post

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat