cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems sending email with Time Warner Road Runner & VersaMail on Centro

Journeyman

Problems sending email with Time Warner Road Runner & VersaMail on Centro

I have spent several days on the phone with Sprint's Advanced Tech support (3 different tech support people) regarding being able to send email using VersaMail from my Time Warner Road Runner email. I can receive mail without a problem.

The technical folks had me set up my Versa Mail accounts (SprintPCS email andTW RR email)as follows:

1. SprintPCS email:

Incoming server: pop.sprintpcs.com

Outgoing server: smtp.sprintpcs.com (port is 25 & checked the box for ESMTP; added my SprintPCS user name & password)

Then the techs had me test sending & receiving email. I am able to receive email without a problem. I was able to send email once while on the phone with the 3rd technical guy. I just tried to send2 emails from my SprintPCS email as tests & hadsuccess sending 1 email to my RR account. However my Yahoo account did not get the test email sent from my SprintPCS email.

2. Time Warner Road Runner email:

Incoming server: pop-server.ca.rr.com

Outgoing server: smtp.sprintpcs.com (port number is 25 & checked the box for ESMTP; added my Road Runner user name & password)

Then the techs had me test sending & receiving email. Again I am able to receive email without a problem. I had NO luck in sending any emails from my RR account. Finally the 3rd tech told me that Advanced Tech Support has gotten many calls from people in the last few weeks who have RR email accounts & all of themare having problems sending email. The 3rdtech told me that this issue starting happening when RRupgraded their webmail server. So my case ID is still open. He suggested I call RR for support.

Has anyone else been able to resolve these problems with RR?

4 REPLIES
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: Problems sending email with Time Warner Road Runner & VersaMail on Centro

Yup - Time Warner does not allow people off their network to send email.  You may want to contact TW support about using authenticated SMTP, which would allow you to send email through their servers.

You can use the Sprint PCS Mail servers too - log into your Sprint.com account.  Click on 'My Online Tools.  Click on PCS Mail in the third column. The site will walk you through setting up a PCS Mail account.  Then, you can use smpt.sprintpcs.com for your outbound mail server, with the username and password you created for PCS Mail.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

Thank you for replying. I had contacted Time Warner previously but will have to contact them again.

However, I hadpreviouslyset up a PCS Mail account. As indicated in my first post I set upPCS Mail account in VersaMail on my Centro. It seems to be working as I can send & receive email. I, however, canNOT send emails to my free Yahoo email address & I keep getting "Internet Delivery Messages" from SprintSprectrum in my inbox.

I'm interested in hearing from others who have Time Warner RR email & if they are have had any success with SENDING email from their Centro.

Thanks.

Journeyman

Incoming: Your RR server, RR username/password

Outgoing: smtp.sprintpcs.com, SPRINT PCS username/password (select outgoing server requires authentication and it will ask for your sprintpcs username/password)

If you don't have an active sprintpcs.com email address, call tech support and we will add a username and password for you.

This works like a charm. I troubleshoot several of these types of email issues on a daily basis. Good luck! Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Journeyman

I went back and looked at my AccountSetup for the Outgoing. I realized thatI had entered in my RR username (i.e. Cosmos99) instead of my SPRINT PCS username (i.e. Cosmos).I changedthe Sprint PCS username to the correct one. And then saved all my settings. Then I tested sending email from my RRaccount & my SprintPCS account.I was SUCCESSFUL. I wasalso able to send email to myYahoo email account. I was also able to send emails to my husband & he was able to reply back.

Thanks for all the suggestions.TheSprint technical folks initially gave me the right information but I entered it wrong when I was doing the Advanced Setup.My advice to other users is to continue to work the problem.IT DOES WORK. Now I'm happy.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.