cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems sending emails with Cox email address

Journeyman

Problems sending emails with Cox email address

I have had the Centro for 1 month and cannot get Sprint Mobile Email or Versa Email to send emails through my cox email account. I have spent 3 hours on the phone with cust serv/tech support/adv tech support, as well as an hour at the actual Sprint store and an hour long web-chat with cox. I can receive emails, but cannot geteither programto send an email. I have tested other emails on both programs and they can send.

Can someone help???

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Problems sending emails with Cox email address

set the outgoing mail server as sprint's server, and the incoming as cox. see if that helps.

Highlighted
Journeyman

this is from another post about bell south email not working:

Here are Step by Step instructions for newbies to automatically send and receive email every 15 minutes. Go to Messaging, Then Menu, Then Tools, Then click on New Account. Enter email address: Enter your Bellsouth email address yourname@bellsouth.net, then click Next. Enter User info from your Bellsouth account. Your Name: Enter the name you want to show on all outgoing email, then enter your Bellsouth Username and Password. Check the Save Password box and click, Next. Under the Account Type, make sure it shows, POP3. Enter any name for this email account and click Next. The next screen is the server information screen. Enter your Bellsouth Incoming mail server infomine is mail.atl.bellsouth.net, then enter the following under the Outgoing mail server: smtp.sprintpcs.com, Leave the domain name blank and click on the Options. On the next screen, select how often you want to check for email. I use 15 minutes. Make sure the connection type is set to The Internet, then click on Next. On the next screen, Leave the Require SSL connection unchecked. Check the Outgoing mail requires authentication box and check the Use separate settings box, then click on the Outgoing Settings box. Here you will enter your Sprint info. for sending email. Enter your sprintpcs username and password, leaving the domain name blank. Check off the Save Password, and leave the Require SSL for outgoing mai unchecked. Click on OK. You will be taken back to the last screen, now click on Next. Select message headers or full message. Make sure the Include KB of message body is checked and make sure you receive at least 2 kb. If you put a large number, your email may take a long time to download and it slows your whole phone down during download. I have found 2 to 4 kb is best.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for the help. I finally got the emails to send (without the help of Sprint cust serv). I had to find my Sprint email username and password on my own.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat