cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Yahoo Mail

Highlighted
Journeyman

Problems with Yahoo Mail

I have a palm Pre, and about 2 hours ago, my phone warned me that it needed to be shut down and data was going to be restored from back up. The problem is that when it finally finished, I could no longer connect to my yahoo mail.  I had not had a problem since the software update, but now after trying every possible setting, I can not get it to work.  Is anyone experiencing the same problem?.

This was two weeks ago and I am still having problems....I can't send from my yahoo account.... ANYONE HELP!

Message was edited by: mscorrea65

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Journeyman

I am afraid I don't have any answers but I too have been having major problems with Yahoo mail via the Pre.  It doesn't want to log in, it doesn't download messages from time to time, when I go to Yahoo mail on my computer it doesn't show read & deleted items from when I was on my Pre and now it doesn't show my sent emails from my Pre when it previously used to!

GRRRRR!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I deleted my yahoo account and added again, using the manual configuration for POP mail.  I receive my yahoo mail, but I can't send them. It keeps giving me an error message smtp yahoo not allow. This is a similar error to what I was receiving when I used the pre-programmed set up for yahoo.  "IMAP Yahoo not allowed".  Something has to be going on.  It was working fine 3 or 4 days ago

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, looks like something happened...

I deleted my Yahoo! account again, but this time I added it using the manual settings for Yahoo! and I was able to send and receive email.  The emails I sent from my phone are showing in my sent folder online (my PC).

Hopefully the problem is fixed,.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The same thing is happening to my Pixi. How do I fix this manually -- what do I type?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat