cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reception problems?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Reception problems?

I am having terrible reception, just wondering if anyone else is having problems. I been using in city areas, and the phone is roaming most of the time.

87 REPLIES 87
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Reception problems?

What area do you live in, have you checked the Sprint website and seen what they say your coverage area looks like, did you have a Sprint phone before the Pre and if so what was your signal like on that phone?

Journeyman

I had sprint or Nextel phone for the last 6 years and live in St. Louis. I always had decent coverage in metro area but the palm pre is definitely lacking. I call Sprint customer service and they said they had a lot of complaints and hopefully there will be a software update soon, not sure what good that will do, it seems like an antenna issue. While checking this website, I didnt notice any post about coverage issues and was just wondering if anyone else was having problems.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've had pretty good coverage in the DFW area with all my Sprint phones, Pre included. Got my Instinct and Pre side by side here and both are full bars.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have a Curve, Pre and World Edition 8830 and all have strong signal here in Columbus, OH

I have issues with the Curve on occaision but nothing major and have had no issues with the Pre. I have been on my wifi connection though and love the speeds.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Strange, my Pre seems to be making better sense of the weak signal I get at home than my Treo 700p (complete with stubby antenna) ever did. It still drops calls sometimes, but they remain clear until they drop... and seems to drop less often.

Highlighted
Journeyman CWF
Journeyman

No reception problems here. I'm in Texas and actually the Sprint coverage is really good. I wouldn't guess a reception problem would be due to the Pre either.

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Nope - better reception at my house in a hole than other phones.

Post your zip and a major intersection where you're having problems; I'll check on the tower maps.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Highlighted
Journeyman

My Pre has worse reception than my Instinct (side by side comparisons) based on the signal icons. However, it has not dropped a call yet. Don't know what to make of that? Plus, the signal strength fluctuates pretty wildly.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yea my signal is lower too

Highlighted
Master

@sjamie wrote:
My Pre has worse reception than my Instinct (side by side comparisons) based on the signal icons. However, it has not dropped a call yet. Don't know what to make of that? Plus, the signal strength fluctuates pretty wildly.

Yea, Ditto!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm also having reception problems. I used to have an Instinct, had about 2-3 bars at home and about 3 bars at work and never dropped a call. Now I'm with the Pre and have terrible reception. If I'm lucky I get 1 bar at home and work, but I'm always roaming. I can never get on to a data connection at either places. With the Pre I've dropped countless calls. Most recently, I was driving on a main interstate highway (I95) and dropped a call. HELP PALM/SPRINT!!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat