cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS AND NOTIFICATION ALERT CHANGE FUTURE!!!

Highlighted
Patron

SMS AND NOTIFICATION ALERT CHANGE FUTURE!!!

Every since this "hacking" thing surfaced, developers, amature and pro's alike, have been rubbing there hands together with a grin and laugh that you hear only from cartoon villians. Never-the-less, there are heroes out there who upholds the posture of integrity. I ran across a site, http://pimpmypre.com/ who seems to be example of this posture. They are developers who are exited about developing for the Pre, but don't have the SDK that they so eagerly await.

They have a video of an "application" that they are creating that will allow you to change your SMS and notifications alerts. However, they are waiting on the SDK. They are not in the business sending "hacked" applications. They are also planning many more apps a soon as the SDK comes out. Oh! and they say all of their apps will be FREE.

Check out their site. They have a few interesting articles on their as well. I post this so that pre owners wil be confident that people ARE listening. Palm, as well as, independent developers. This is comforting as well as exciting.

There is this new catagory of cell phones called "superphones." I've heard this term being thrown around in several articles with the Palm Pre being the inspiration of the term. Can you say, "Pioneer of another era. The superphone era." With this kind of support, it's HIGHLY possible.

Message Edited by Cedrick38 on 06-14-2009 03:44 PM

4 REPLIES 4
Master

Re: SMS AND NOTIFICATION ALERT CHANGE FUTURE!!!

Correct URL http://pimpmypre.com/

Highlighted
Journeyman

Exciting Stuff !!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

YES!!!!! Palm, PLEASE release the SDK. I'd like to be able to hearthat I have atext msg even when I'm not sitting right next to the phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My only problem with these things coming from third party developers is that when you have a phone problem the first thing palm will do is point the finger at the third party developer. That was my experience with the 755p. Palm would play the blame game until it was no longer possible to duck the issues.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat