cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I remove the battery? How do I do a reset?

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Should I remove the battery? How do I do a reset?

Is it safe?  Will I 'brick' my phone?  Yes, it's safe, and no, you won't brick your phone (most likely).

However!   Palm strongly advises not to remove the battery whenever possible. You can initiate a reset by doing a hardware combination on the phone to do it:

1. Press and hold the power button (device must be on)
2. Switch the ringer switch back and forth
3. Repeat step 2
4. Repeat step 2

Wait a few seconds and the device should reset.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Journeyman

It is strongly recommended to not remove the battery from the device. This can back log the data for four hours, and in some cases removed stored information on the phone due to it being stored with data.

If you are having problems with the data on the device follow these steps.

1. Press the green phone key.

2. Tap on the Menu.

3. Tap on Preferences.

4. Scroll down and tap on Update Network Settings

5. The device will connect to Sprint Provisioning and update the Data Profile.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The battery doesn't seem to last very long (frequent internet/ texting/ etc use), so I was considering getting a back-up battery. Based on your comment below, will that end up causing me more problems?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just make sure you turn off your phone completely before switching batteries, and you should be fine. Also, Seidio is already working on an extended-capacity battery (1350mAh, as opposed to the stock battery's 1150mAh), so you may want to look into that.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat