Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sirius/XM Radio on the Pre?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sirius/XM Radio on the Pre?

Has anyone tried to listen to Sirius/XM Radio on their Pre?  Sirius/XM, for an extra fee, allows subscribers to listen to most of Sirius/XM's stations over the internet.  I'm wondering whether or not anyone has tried to use the over-the-internet connection with the Pre and how well it worked?  (I'd try it myself but I don't want to incur the extra fee for the privilege of learning it doesn't work.)

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Sirius/XM Radio on the Pre?

We have had Sirus in all of our cars for many years. You use to be able to stream it on your computer for free if you were a customer. They have now taken that away as well as increased our subscription rates.  I think they have a free trial going on right now if you want to try it.

You would think that if you had been a long time customer that they would let you continue to do it for free.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for the free trial tip. I signed up for the 7 day trial. I signed in on my Pre through the normal web browser. It looked normal (player came up, channels selected, play button highlighted) but ALAS no sound streaming from my Pre.

Hoping someone is frantically working on a Sirius app for homebrew apps.

Hey, at least I can listen to Sirius for the next week while at work.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I, too, was disapointed when Sirius/XM changed their internet streaming policy.  I liked the option to be able to continue listening to a program once I got home.  It's not an option I used very often, but the flexibility added some percevied value to my subscription.  Still, I understand the company's need to generate more revenue/cut costs.  What I don't know is whether this move will cost them more revenue (in lost subcriptions) than they gain from pepople paing the extra $2/month for internet access.

As for my original question: I heard back from Sirius/XM.  They do not support streaming to the Pre.  They suggested I contact Sprint.

Does this suffice as a Sprint contact?

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat