cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slider wobble investigation

Journeyman

Slider wobble investigation

So I did some research and found some pics online of the Pre disassebled.

I also tried looking at the pre the best I can with the battery off and with a bright light in between gaps and it got me thinking...

So I found a pic of the board that contains the screw mounting location for the back plastic plate and I figured, If I can file those down, this would in essence move the back inner cover closer to the top sliding portion.

The reason there is so much play to the right is two reasons: 1. the plastic "stops" at the top of the bottom half of the plastic case are just not tall enough to deal with the slack, thus the top is allowed to pop out and it swivels (thus the play) and 2. there is that gap at the top and between both upper and lower plastic halves that these plastic stops and guides aren't effective. Filling down the metal screw mounting locations could help this.

I have a pic that I edited, but cant get it uploaded.

Lets discuss as I yet have the courage to take the back panel off for fear of really making things worse. So I am encouraging some open discussion, opinions and experience on this.

Thanks 🙂

Other than that, and the fact that I dont like how many steps it takes to make a phone call to often-called contacts, I LOVE this phone and WEB OS ROCKS!!!

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: Slider wobble investigation

Mine's got a pretty bad wobble too. Not sure I want to take a hot glue gun after it though. 😕

Journeyman

I have been looking around since my pre moves some , not to bad, but I'm not ready to start tearing it apart. I found 2 "fixes"

The cheap fix http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gvyF3HVeo8

The more involved fix http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pre/187635-real-final-fix-pre-wobble.html

Journeyman

The hot glue is a bandaid solution to a design flaw. Im trying to solve the design flaw the find the solution to that.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat