cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Picture Mail

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint Picture Mail

Hello, I upgrade from the Instinct to the Palm Pre, All my pictures are storege on the Sprint Picture Mail.  The question is... Does it works with the Pre, if someone can share some tricks please let us know... So far, I have not been able to access it from my Pre...

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Master

No the pre does not use picmail the same, And you lose access to the Picmail site. Sign on to your picmail site ASAP and save your Pics to your PC or you will lose them for good.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Why would they lose access to the PM site?

I just requested a password via the PM website and got the text message on my Pre with the password, I logged in and there is all the pics I have sent or gotten since I got the Pre back in June so it works with the PM site.

If they were just upgrading the phone then they should still have the same PM login name (which is your phone number) and the password should still be the same.

Highlighted
Master

Really? When I disabled my Instinct they wiped my Picmail and Mobile Sync, Lost everything. As a safe guard I would make sure to back up those regularly.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My Mobile Sync were wiped out... I never lost my pics from PM, I was just wondering how to still using PM from the PRE

Hmm, I just log in into PM, what a surprise, all the pics that I have received are in PM also.  Now the question will be, How do I access PM from the PRE and how to uploaded them.

Message was edited by: Boricua707

Highlighted
Journeyman

hey... you would open Photos. Then open the application menu and tap preferences & accounts. Tap add an account and tap the type of account you want to add. Enter your account username and password and tap sign in (for your picturemail account). If any further questions, hit me up!

Hope this helps!

Master

Not an option on the Pre, We only have the option to add facebook and photobucket accounts.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sorry! As listed in the Palm pre user guide.....

Message was edited by: cmitchell

Highlighted
Master

Again as listed in the Pre user guide, Starting on page 112,

Upload a Picture to the Web
To upload a picture to a Web service such as Facebook or Photobucket, you must already
have an account with the service, and you must have the account set up on your phone. You
can set up the account on your phone during the upload process, as described in this
procedure, or you can set it up at any other time (see “Set Up an Online Pictures Account on
Your Phone” on page 112).
1. Tap a picture thumbnail to view it full-screen.
2. If the photo header is hidden, tap the screen to display it.
3. Tap and tap Upload.
4. Do one of the following:
If you have already set up your picture Web service on your phone, tap the name of
the service you want to use.
If you have not set up your picture Web service on your phone, tap Add An Account
and tap the account type. Enter your username and password and tap Sign In.
Set Up an Online Pictures Account on Your Phone
To upload pictures to an account you have with a Web service such as Facebook or
Photobucket, you must set up the account on your phone.

1. Open Photos .
2. Open the application menu and tap Preferences & Accounts.
3. Tap Add An Account, and tap the type of account you want to add.
4. Enter your account username and password and tap Sign In.

It says nothing about Sprint's Picmail.

Highlighted
Journeyman

yes....that is understandable, however, those are listed as networking sites (facebook, photobucket, myspace, etc.)that you are also able to upload to. You may enter your sprint picturemail log in information to access as well....Correct me if I have missed something...

Highlighted
Master

The Pre only has those two options, facebook & photobucket. You can not add your own upload site of choice to the app.

On the Instinct it has the option to upload to myspace, facebook, photobucket, youtube, and the online album for Picmail. And you can not add your own site of choice to that app either.

Not all phones are treated equal when it comes to those options, As to where they should.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Levi is correct.

While the Picture Mail website will grab your photo's that get sent to or from the phone via MMS there is no way via the phone to actually add the Picture Mail information to do a direct phone upload.

Yet another reason Sprint needs to dump PM and use straight MMS.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat