cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Update: Palm Pre and Pixi WebOS 1.4.1.1 Software Update

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint Update: Palm Pre and Pixi WebOS 1.4.1.1 Software Update

Effective 3/31: The Palm Pre and Pixi WebOS 1.4.1.1 software update is now available.

This update includes fixes for:

• Sprint TV errors
  • Errors on pictures, videos and music
  • Camera shutter sound
  • Slow wake up response after being dormant (Pixi only)
  • Error message when video files emailed

Updated to reflect the new Sprint Football Live application

To learn more about your device and check the latest software version access the Palm Pre and Palm Pixi Support web site.

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Sprint Update: Palm Pre and Pixi WebOS 1.4.1.1 Software Update

OK just to let everyone know the new update made my Pre crash now it is froze up.

I called Sprint and they said they had not heard of any problems with the update, I said to them that I had no problems with the phone until the update then they wanted to sell me another phone.

There is bugs in the update just to let everyone know.

Highlighted
Master

Raven, At what point in the upgrade did your phone freeze? Did it complete the download?

Try this, Hold the "Orange key+Sym+R" at the same time.

You can try to run WEB OS Dr. to see if it fixes it.

If it did not update to 1.4.1.1 use the one for 1.4.0 if it did use the one for 1.4.1.1

Highlighted
Journeyman

i used to have an app that allowed me to read my emails in the landscape mode. since the update i cant do it and now i cant find the app to reload it again. anyone out there with help?

Highlighted
Journeyman

It's froze it won't do anything I tried to reset it using the orange sym and r button but when it reset it was still froze.

Journeyman

It did complete the download, it was a week after the update that the phone started acting erotically then it started to freeze off and on then it just froze.

I don't download apps or anything just use it for the Internet and as a phone.

Highlighted
Master

Oh, So the freezing was a result of upgrading to 1.4.0. That is a well know issue introduced with 1.4.0, Not sure if the upgrade last night addressed it, Haven't heard any reports of it happening today.

Is it froze with the "Palm" logo on the screen?

You have to remove the battery, Reinsert battery, "Orange+Sym+R" Let it boot as far as it will go(usually to the palm logo again)

Remove battery again, Leave out at least 5 mins, Reinsert battery, Either power on if it will or "Orange+Sym+R", That should do it.

Then once(If) it boots an upgrade is available, WEB OS 1.4.1.1

Highlighted
Journeyman

Wonder if Sprint will consider the Mobile Hotspot now that Verizon has added if free to all their customers and decreased the price of the Pre and Pix by $100. Would love to see the mobile hotspot on Sprint. They have the plans to beat.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Raven,

In addition to Levi's advice, have you taken your Pre to a Sprint store to let them look at it? Is there one close to you? Here's a link to the stores, and make sure to click "Repair centers near me."

http://sprint.findlocation.com/

If your Pre worked a full week after the upgrade, it could definitely be something else that's the issue. Is it possible that the phone got wet, for example?

Highlighted
Journeyman

If you installed an application from the App store, you may need to wait for the developer to release an update compatible with the new OS version. Typically if you go to the Updates icon it will check for updates to your installed applications from the App store.

If you installed a patch via Preware or some other method not officially supported by Palm, you may be out of luck and need to use webOS Doctor to reinstall the OS. This will wipe your personal data and then restore it from Palm backup, if you've enabled them.

Highlighted
Master

Raven,

In addition to Levi's advice, have you taken your Pre to a Sprint store to let them look at it? Is there one close to you? Here's a link to the stores, and make sure to click "Repair centers near me."

http://sprint.findlocation.com/

If your Pre worked a full week after the upgrade, it could definitely be something else that's the issue. Is it possible that the phone got wet, for example?

-------------------------------------------------

No offense meant Racqueteer, But this is a well known issue that was introduced with 1.4. It happens randomly and has nothing to do with "Getting Wet". Visiting a sprint store will not fix it if palm did not address it in the last update. Like they did not address the calls not coming thru and going to voicemail( I still have this issue DAILY since 1.4) I really wish Sprint people would use google once in a while. Then maybe they wouldn't be so oblivious to the real issues their customers are having. Dealing with some Reps/Tech support seem to go nowhere(Can't go off scripted response) when googling for an answer usually amounts to finding the correct information/fix.

Google "palm pre freezing after 1.4" and you will see it has been discussed a few times.

Again this isn't a jab at you, Just an observation as to why I am able to help correct most issues your customers have when the reps/techs cant.

Highlighted
Journeyman

hello Levi4u,

i have anotehr question for you if it is OK. i read some place that there is a program "my tether" will act like a hot spot for regular sprint Pre's, is this true? when i go to the app it says "root required". what is root? and what do i need to do to get the hotspot to work on my Pre?

thanks in advanced

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat