cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This "cracks" me up

Highlighted
Journeyman

This "cracks" me up

I posted my issue a few months ago; my Pre had started cracking from the sides of the screen - just below the USB port on the right side, and at the same point on the opposite side.  Also, the little thin piece below the port broke off and is currently taped to the back of the phone.  I've tried taking it into the Sprint store, and they simply dismissed me, saying I'd have to pay the standard damage deductible thingy (I forget the exact wording) - something I'm not willing to do for damage I didn't cause.

Well, now it's gotten worse.  In the terribly rough, abusive act of plugging my charger in (*gasp* the horror), a piece has now broken off next to the USB port.  This phone spends its life either in its case or in its own special place on my nightstand, so I know this damage was not caused by "abuse".  Lovely, lovely images below:

Message was edited by: DoktorJones

Message was edited by: DoktorJones

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: This "cracks" me up

Definitely you have a serious problem of hardware........try this link http:/http://kb.palm.com/wps/portal/kb/common/article/47005_en.html

Journeyman

Yeahhh... but how do I have any assurance that they won't receive my phone, determine it to be "out-of-warranty damage", and try and bill me $199?

Journeyman

my screen cracked too, and they told me that there was not reported defects of screen crackage and that i would need to pay $100.00 for a new phone.  looks like a lot of people have had their screen crack also.

Journeyman

We just got two palm pixie's and both have cracked within the month.  I absolutely dread having to call Sprint and get some satisfaction, but I have to.  It's all over the internet, they crack when you look at them.  I keep seeing commercials with the Sprint president telling us how satisfied we will be with Sprint.  This is crazy!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat