cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too Many Cards...What's the deal...Going to get fixed or not?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Too Many Cards...What's the deal...Going to get fixed or not?

I don't know how many folks here are getting the too many cards message but it's just getting out of control.  It seems to not matter how many cards I have open, I get it regardless.  Does anyone know if Palm is looking at this and if they are going to fix it.  I enjoy my Pre but they really need to fix this and rebooting my phone is not a fix.

14 REPLIES 14
Journeyman

Re: Too Many Cards...What's the deal...Going to get fixed or not?

Supposedly the new software release in February is supposed to address this to where the memory can hold 50 cards at once. You will still need to restart your phone ocassionally (just like a computer). I usually restart mine Monday morning while getting ready and that keeps me in check unless I do a lot of YouTube or Sims3.

Journeyman

Ive also had the "too many cards" issue. The thing is that I get the message when I only have 1 card open!!!!! Come on man what is that?!

Journeyman

I'm hoping Palm fixes the issue with this Feb. release.  However, I haven't found anything where Palm actually acknowledges that this is an issue.  Now they are planning to add more features in Feb. like video and flash and I just don't see how it's going to work correctly when there are memory leaks.  I guess we wait and see...

Sprint Product Ambassador

Does everyone experiencing this have the latest update - 1.3.5.1?

Since updating to 1.3.5.1 I have not seen the 'too many cards' error, even with 8 to 12 cards open at once.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Master

Yep, Quite often lately actually. There are lost of reports of it happening. Especially since the 3d games were launched. The sad thing is nobody comes here for support on the pre anymore so you see little of what we are experiencing. My biggest gripe right now is the clock never being correct anymore, It is always off give or take a few mins. Just started recently.

Journeyman

Yep.  I have the latest update.  I thought it was mostly when I used the browser and I went to Google News, but I get it while using other apps as well.  I tried to send a TM yesterday and it couldn't open the card for messaging.

Journeyman

My phone just started to say that I have too many cards and it asks me to delete some, however they never delete. I don't even have access to the internet because the prompt continues to pop up. Now my phone has completely shut down. It's not working at all. All I see is a black screen and I don't have use of my phone. I have the palm pixi and this is the second phone that I have received. I am fed up with the service at this point. Going to the sprint store tomorrow......Again!!!!!!

Journeyman

I am getting this error message with NO cards open!!  So when I click on the Update icon/app (I thiought maybe this error msg. problem would be fixed with an update!?), I can't open it b/c it tells me I have too many cards open...it's a catch 22!!  Driving me crazy!!

Master

@jwindler, Hold the "Orange key + Sym + R" at the same time it will reset your phone

Journeyman

I'm running 1.3.5.1 and I get the too many cards error every couple of days. Sometimes when I'm just trying to open one app (I usually quit  apps when I'm not using them - anything to get better battery life).

Love this phone but it's frustrating. This isn't the only issue I really hope gets fixed when 1.4 comes out.

Journeyman

I get this alot also. Some of time I dont even have any cards open???

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat