ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring videos and music from computers

Journeyman

Transferring videos and music from computers

How do we go about saving these types of files, transferring them from our HDs to the PP?

Can we create new folders in the PP? Will the PP SW be able to find the files within the new folders, and automatically assign a program to open it, or do they need to be saved in specific folders, already existing in the PP (like Video, Pictures etc...?

Best

M

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: Transferring videos and music from computers

When I connected my Pre for the first time, I had iTunes running. It detected the Pre immediately and started treating it like an iPod. I was able to drag and drop files/playlists directly to the device through the left side pane, where your playlists and iPod are displayed. Everything worked fine, and you can playback using the "Music" or "Video" icons on the phone. The only thing I see so far is that album art didn't come across with it. You can filter using the normal iPod filtering methods, however.

Sprint Product Ambassador

The best option is to let iTunes manage your music, videos and photos.

Otherwise, just toss em whereever.  They'll show up.  It's kinda spooky. 

You can orgainze them how you like, but they still just show up where they belong in the media / photo / whatever app.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

Thanks guys, I'll try iTunes.

I did create some new walls for the PP, out of old NASA pics, inserted them via USB into the walls folder, and had no problems exchanging the boring originals. Then created a new mymusik folder, loaded some of my favourites, and all the songs appear and play.

Did the same with some flash videos, but they don't appear anywhere. I guess PP is not able to play the format. Any optional app out there that can do that job?

What video file type can the PP currently play?

Best

Manuel Luis

Sprint Product Ambassador

Nothing moble can play flash vidoes yet.  Adobe hasn't made a player.

On this phone, MPEG4 files work great (MP4) either encoded H.264 / AAC or FFMPEG MPEG3 / MP3 audio.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat