cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Treo 700P Replacement

Highlighted
Journeyman

Treo 700P Replacement

Having all kinds of problems with my 700P. Did the online equipment replacement, and they are supposed to be sendig me a new phone. Any idea if they still have 700P's available, or if not what will they send me? Hopefully not a Centro, keys are way oo small for my fingers.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Treo 700P Replacement

Hello...the Treo 700p is no longer available. They may be sending you a Treo 755p for a replacement. If you did this replacement through Asurion (insurance company) you may track the status of this by going to www.phoneclaim.com.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have a Treo 650 and I was wondering the same thing. I would be going through Asurion. What do you think they would give me?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I ended up with another 700p that does the same thing.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Are you having them replace it again or what?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just curious, what is the same "thing". Are you talking software issue or hardware issue? Just curious since the replacement phone is having the same exactissue as your current device had, is usually pretty rare.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@sparxx_513 wrote:
Having all kinds of problems with my 700P. Did the online equipment replacement, and they are supposed to be sendig me a new phone. Any idea if they still have 700P's available, or if not what will they send me? Hopefully not a Centro, keys are way oo small for my fingers.
I got a 700p replacement last month that had a different problem than the one I turned in. The inventory changes constantly but my guess is that they have a room full of refurbished 700p's which were probably the worst Treo produced worst being relative since Treos in general have been known for bugs and poor reliability.
A recent report by SquareTrade (they sell phone warranties) compared the iPhone, Blackberry and Treo:
- In the first year of ownership, the iPhone had a 5.6% malfunction rate, half the rate of the Blackberry and one-third the rate of the Treo.
- The iPhone is projected to have a 9-11% malfunction rate in the first 2 years of ownership, compared to 14.3% for BlackBerry and 21% for Treo handsets.
Ouch!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat