ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to Sprint PowerVision Services or Sprint Provisioning Services

Journeyman

Unable to connect to Sprint PowerVision Services or Sprint Provisioning Services

Greetings,

Less than two (2) months ago, my wife and I upgraded to Palm Centro's w/Sprint. As of yesterday, her phone cannot connect to Sprint PowerVision Services nor can it be "Reprovisioned" (which I believe means that is canbe reset)over the air. I've tried soft and hard resets andeven technical support with no luck.The phone can still make phone calls, it just can't be used to do things like web and e-mail.

Has anyone encountered this problem and found a solution. From what I have researched thus far, it appears to be an issue with the Centro (how widespread, I have no idea). Any help/information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

eroman12

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: Unable to connect to Sprint PowerVision Services or Sprint Provisioning Services

have you tried installing the new firmware yet?

Journeyman

Re: Unable to connect to Sprint PowerVision Services or Sprint Provisioning Services

Thanks for the reply GFS and sorry for the delay, got shipped out of town for a few days with work.

I did try to update the phone to the Palm/SprintV1.07, but since the phone could not connect to the internet, it would not complete the update. We ended up taking it to a repair center, and after three (3) hours in their hands, they ended up replacing the phone with a new one. They told us they just couldn't fix it, but could not provide a specific cause for the problem.

The issue we are having now is that she can connect to the internet, but cannot view webpages. I keep getting a"Data Timeout: The page download could not be completed. Please try again later." However, I can get my Centro out,put it nextto hersand download the page she could not download. It's getting to be pretty annoying.

I've tried Reprovisioning the phone (##3282#), but that does not resolve the issue. Looks likeI'll be on the phone with Sprint again tonight.

Thanks again for the response.

Journeyman

I am having the exact problem with my Centro. It started on Thursday, August 10. Also, when I power cycle the phone, it is challenging to get it to turn back on. I have to try to send a text message to prompt the phone to ask whether I want the phone turned on (sometimes have to do it a few times). I spent two hours with tech support who sent me to the local service center (third party). Basically he did a hard reset on my phone and gave up. I'd prefer not to have to order a new phone.

Journeyman

I am having a similar problem. When I go to connect to the web, it gives me the "Connecting to PowerVision" message. Then says "Error 3000: Data in this area is unavailable. Please Try again later.(0x713E)" After several attempts it will connect for a few minutes and work normal. Then it will disconnect and take several tries to reconnect to PowerVision. VERY UPSETTING. Come on Sprint, please fix this. It seems to have started with the last update.

Journeyman

I tried to correct this problem on my wife's Centro with Sprint Technical Support.  Attempted hard resets, reprovisioning, and checking settings numerous times over a 30 minute time frame with a very helpful rep.  When it became apparent that we were going in circles, I was "sent up the line" to what I suppose was Advanced Tech. Supp.  This second rep directed me to attempt to update, checked one setting and said, "This is a known problem with the  Centro."  He then made it clear that the only option was to purchase a new phone because we'd dropped the stupid pro-rated protection plan and the manufacturer's warranty was only one year.  After having an account with Sprint for ten years, this is nothing short of an insult.  I won't spend a penny to replace a phone over a software issue, and won't be renewing a contract if this can't be corrected.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat